The Student Room Group

i’m acc ******** my pants

basically i’m on holiday right now and i’ve finished my a levels. i feel like i’ve done really bad on my chem and bio my maths i feel like is okay. i need BBB for my firm and 40 points for my insurance. i might get the b for maths but i rlly dunno for the other 2. my parents will literally kill me if i don’t get my firm and refuse to send me to my insurance, like they lit say that if i don’t get the grades then they’ll make me stay at home and not do anything and we’ll come straight back to the uk, which is kinda embarrassing cos am asian and my whole family will know why we left. i want to do pharmacy and am not allowed to go to any other unis away from home. please can someone say something i’m acc dyingggggg
Maybe escape and join the armed forces? If you're doing your A-levels, I'm going to guess you're at or nearing the age of 18 - that gives you certain freedoms in which your parents can't (legal) obstruct in.
I don't know how well you get on with your parents but, I'm sure they only want the best for you and thus may be they have "over-encoraged" you to do well - perhaps on result's day, they may be more supportive whatever result you get! 🤞
Reply 2
Original post by SoonToBeExpat
Maybe escape and join the armed forces? If you're doing your A-levels, I'm going to guess you're at or nearing the age of 18 - that gives you certain freedoms in which your parents can't (legal) obstruct in.
I don't know how well you get on with your parents but, I'm sure they only want the best for you and thus may be they have "over-encoraged" you to do well - perhaps on result's day, they may be more supportive whatever result you get! 🤞

ahah running away definitely isn’t an option, i have a huge family so they’d all cut me off, find me and torture me in some way. and i’m jus praying that if i do get **** grades they don’t get rlly ****ed. aaaahhh i’m acc terrified broo
As a last resort, you could always *disappear* and join something like the French Foreign Legion! Get a new name, identity and citizenship...

No I honestly think you'll do fine. Parents don't usually want to cut all ties with their children after the years they spend raising them up. Something like one set of bad exam results should not be treated like the be all and end all. It helps to do well academically but there is much more to life - you can always retake. Hell, loads of people completely retrain skillsets much later in life! You are young and have potential - so long as you keep an open mind and have the willpower and resilience to push through to your goals, you will be fine.
Your parents only want you to succeed in life - there are many ways of 'proving' that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending