which topic should I take for my epq?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by anna_hutch

Aim to base your EPQ on what career/subject you want to pursue in the future
Reply 2
Original post by anna_hutch

It is important that you pick your EPQ topic by taking into account a number of factors. Firstly, you should choose a topic which you are truly interested in or else you are unlikely to be motivated enough to dedicate time to it and complete it to the best of your abilities. Secondly, it is not a bad idea to link the topic to something which you wish to study in the future, be it at university or in your professional career. This is because not only will you gain insight as to what studying that topic is actually like, thereby allowing you to have a leg up on everyone else and also allowing you to understand whether you are truly interested in the topic. It will also signal to employers and universities that you know how to and that you are interested in studying that topic at university. Thirdly, it is also highly important to pick a topic which has a large quality of resources available. Picking a topic which is not easily measurable, for example, measuring a topic like personal and individual relationships between people, will make it extremely hard for you to conduct your report to the best of your abilities. Not only will there be a lack of academic opinions on the topic which you could discuss in your report, but there is simply a lack of measurable, quantitative or qualitative data on the topic, making it extremely hard to actually answer your research question in the first place.

If you have anymore questions, then dont be afraid to ask and good luck with your EPQ!

𝙎𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙀𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending