The Student Room Group

I messed up

I started a job about two months ago and I love it there, everyone is so nice especially the manager

I haven't been keeping well and have had and echo and am struggling with the waking up very early and travelling

My family are saying I need to leave before my appointments start on 6th sep. I have been wanting to speak to the main manager but she has not been in and because you need to give 1 month notice yesterday was my last day and I couldn't see her so I emailed her my resignation and today is my day off . I even said I'm happy to come in today just to speak to her

She hasnt replied and I don't want her to think I'm horrible or a *****

I went about it wrong I wish I had more time but I feel really guilty and don't want to leave

I have to go I tomorrow, what can I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I started a job about two months ago and I love it there, everyone is so nice especially the manager

I haven't been keeping well and have had and echo and am struggling with the waking up very early and travelling

My family are saying I need to leave before my appointments start on 6th sep. I have been wanting to speak to the main manager but she has not been in and because you need to give 1 month notice yesterday was my last day and I couldn't see her so I emailed her my resignation and today is my day off . I even said I'm happy to come in today just to speak to her

She hasnt replied and I don't want her to think I'm horrible or a *****

I went about it wrong I wish I had more time but I feel really guilty and don't want to leave

I have to go I tomorrow, what can I do?

You haven't done anything wrong. It isn't a crime to resign. It isn't your fault she is not available to be spoken to. And either way, you would be required to put any resignation formally in a letter or email so nothing is lost. When she comes back in, you can ask to see her and discuss in person but explain you had to email as you have commitments on the 6th etc etc.

Good luck!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending