The Student Room Group

Should i go for limb lengtening surgery??

I m 18 i was extremely short as a kid i mean extremely short never had a complexe over it just my personnality grew stronger and bitter and the doctors told my parents ishoukd take growth hormones but they said they were afraid that i will get kidney disease thnx i guess hhh anyway i was a late bloomer but i never reached my maximum height i m 5'7 my brother is 6'5 he gets all the girls and i am always rejected i m trying to work on my personnality and stay optimistic but it s a lil too much i m 18 btw and i hit puberty

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lengthening*
No, I think what you need is some kind of mental health support. You seem to be insecure, and they should be able to help you with that. That would be much cheaper, easier and safer than surgery and most importantly it would address the root cause of your issues.
Reply 3
I was short because when i wzs a baby i was sick and i nearly died so in that phase i didn t grow much
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I m 18 i was extremely short as a kid i mean extremely short never had a complexe over it just my personnality grew stronger and bitter and the doctors told my parents ishoukd take growth hormones but they said they were afraid that i will get kidney disease thnx i guess hhh anyway i was a late bloomer but i never reached my maximum height i m 5'7 my brother is 6'5 he gets all the girls and i am always rejected i m trying to work on my personnality and stay optimistic but it s a lil too much i m 18 btw and i hit puberty

I wouldn t say that no i m not insecure i just want women to be as attracted to me as my other fellow men if that makes sense plus i wouldn t considere it is just it s too expensice any way but i also want girls to dream of me as the knight that will save them from all dangers but yeah 😶
Reply 5
I wouldn t say that no i m not insecure i just want women to be as attracted to me as my other fellow men if that makes sense plus i wouldn t considere it is just it s too expensice any way but i also want girls to dream of me as the knight that will save them from all dangers but yeah 😶

I wish i was taller 😭😭🤷*♂️
Reply 6
I wish i was taller 😭😭🤷*♂️

I didn t want to do that male sign there wtf 😭
Reply 7

I was short because when i wzs a baby i was sick and i nearly died so in that phase i didn t grow much

Np bro i was willing to start dudes and i asked a girl her number she told s"he must be 5'9 i love tall girls and being rejected as well uou know" and she told me she doesn t talk to midgets i deserve a break don t i ??
I saw her the same nighy fu**ing in the floor with my friend who is 6'3 yeaaaah 😭😭😭😭😭
Reply 8
Np bro i was willing to start dudes and i asked a girl her number she told s"he must be 5'9 i love tall girls and being rejected as well uou know" and she told me she doesn t talk to midgets i deserve a break don t i ??
I saw her the same nighy fu**ing in the floor with my friend who is 6'3 yeaaaah 😭😭😭😭😭

To dating no dudes oh my gooood *
Reply 9
To dating no dudes oh my gooood *

To start dating *

Why don't you go for short girls?
girls between 4'11 - 5'2 wouldn't mind your height
Reply 11

Huh ?why not every girl i like my height won t stop just wait until i get that eizz boy
Reply 12
Huh ?why not every girl i like my height won t stop just wait until i get that eizz boy

Rizz*
Reply 13

Wait are u a hirl bc they always said that to me just so i get away from them like why ?? I have a brain i can understand
Reply 14
You're 5'7. You're acting like you're 4'0 feet. I don't mean to trivialise your issues but please, calm down. Take a deep breath and relax. Don't get sad over someone who dismisses you like that just because you're not some 6'7 giant. There are many, many women who will think your height is good. You don't need any lengthening surgery. What if someone mocks something else about you? Are you going to get surgery for that too? That'll just be an endless cycle of changing yourself to please those who will never even change themselves for you.

Your height is fine. Just take some time to learn to love yourself as you are. You'll eventually meet people who are attracted to you. If it's a tall girl you want, there are many who wouldn't mind a shorter guy. Just be patient.
Reply 15
Original post by DarylO
You're 5'7. You're acting like you're 4'0 feet. I don't mean to trivialise your issues but please, calm down. Take a deep breath and relax. Don't get sad over someone who dismisses you like that just because you're not some 6'7 giant. There are many, many women who will think your height is good. You don't need any lengthening surgery. What if someone mocks something else about you? Are you going to get surgery for that too? That'll just be an endless cycle of changing yourself to please those who will never even change themselves for you.

Your height is fine. Just take some time to learn to love yourself as you are. You'll eventually meet people who are attracted to you. If it's a tall girl you want, there are many who wouldn't mind a shorter guy. Just be patient.

Well it s just that everyone is tall in my family and i m short hhh but i don t care since many girls said i have a cute face no attractive but cute hhhh 😅😅
Reply 16
Well it s just that everyone is tall in my family and i m short hhh but i don t care since many girls said i have a cute face no attractive but cute hhhh 😅😅

Feeling insecure especially when you're the shortest in the family is understandable. But try not to worry so much. You'll be absolutely fine.

Also, one part of confidence is learning to accept compliments as they're given. If they called you cute, accept it. Don't start scrutinising or over-analysing it. Just appreciate the compliment.
Wait are u a hirl bc they always said that to me just so i get away from them like why ?? I have a brain i can understand

Whaaaaatt, yes i am a girl
Reply 18
Knowing that a guy got that procedure is probably worse than him just being short. It's a pretty brutal experience to put yourself through when you medically don't need it.
Yes, at once.

Latest

Trending

Trending