The Student Room Group

Compelling reasons

I have to wait for a board hearing to see if I pass this year in September however due to being deferred due to exceptional circumstances this year due to the following reasons would I be able to claim compelling reasons

Mental health, migraines and illness preventing me doing work prior to deadline, dyslexia, and autism. As you can imagine due to various reasons then having it issues where I could not submit on time which also got me deferred I may need to reclaim a year if I don’t pass as I have one year left.

Would I be able to file the paperwork now since it takes up to 8 weeks or would I have to wait to hear in September first.

Also I have a completing reasons in 2020 will this stop me getting another.
Original post by MattyLeeT18
I have to wait for a board hearing to see if I pass this year in September however due to being deferred due to exceptional circumstances this year due to the following reasons would I be able to claim compelling reasons

Mental health, migraines and illness preventing me doing work prior to deadline, dyslexia, and autism. As you can imagine due to various reasons then having it issues where I could not submit on time which also got me deferred I may need to reclaim a year if I don’t pass as I have one year left.

Would I be able to file the paperwork now since it takes up to 8 weeks or would I have to wait to hear in September first.

Also I have a completing reasons in 2020 will this stop me getting another.

Hi Matty,

Yes, you can provide a GP letter that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies. You can upload this to your account now (if available) to be reviewed.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending