The Student Room Group

Gap year before Architecture??!

Is taking a year out before undergrad architecture worth it? I have heard that then uni you study arch isn't as significant due to the vocational nature of the subject . Therfore I don't know if I should take the year out and apply somewhere else or go straight into architecture at Westminister?
Original post by Pinkfeather21
Is taking a year out before undergrad architecture worth it? I have heard that then uni you study arch isn't as significant due to the vocational nature of the subject . Therfore I don't know if I should take the year out and apply somewhere else or go straight into architecture at Westminister?

You don't need to worry about taking a gap year for most subjects including architecture. Keep your drawing skills up to date during the year and you will be fine. You could ask Westminster if they will defer entry to 2024 or you could apply in the next cycle to five more options.
Original post by normaw
You don't need to worry about taking a gap year for most subjects including architecture. Keep your drawing skills up to date during the year and you will be fine. You could ask Westminster if they will defer entry to 2024 or you could apply in the next cycle to five more options.

Thanks.
How significant would you say the university is when studying architecture?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending