The Student Room Group

Looking for a replacement tenant - Canterbury house share

I am leaving the University of Kent, so I am looking for a full-time student to take over my tenancy contract.

Tenancy from September 2023 - June 2024

Comfortable and fully furnished double bedroom in a large 6 bedroom student home
- 3 bathrooms
- Big communal areas
- Large garden
- On Whitstable Road, about 15 minute walk from the UKC
- Bills included in the rent
- £575 pcm
- £250 deposit (I will pay the cost of the deposit upon written confirmation from the estate agent that the tenancy has been taken over)
- If you are interested, please DM me, I can send pictures of the property.
Have you joined and posted in the Canterbury residents group? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Have you joined and posted in the Canterbury residents group? :smile:

I haven't yet, is this worth doing?
Hi @chuck1216,

Like @CCCUOfficial said, Canterbury residents group on Facebook is a great way to see if anyone is looking for accommodation. There are many other groups such as 'Canterbury Student Accommodation 2023 - 2024' that may help. If you are in any society group chats still or other student group chats it might be worth posting in there too. Sounds like a great opportunity students would not want to miss!

Good luck with everything.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by chuck1216
I haven't yet, is this worth doing?

There are no guarantees but there are students in there who are looking for accommodation. The other group UKC shared in their post is a good one as well! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @chuck1216,

Like @CCCUOfficial said, Canterbury residents group on Facebook is a great way to see if anyone is looking for accommodation. There are many other groups such as 'Canterbury Student Accommodation 2023 - 2024' that may help. If you are in any society group chats still or other student group chats it might be worth posting in there too. Sounds like a great opportunity students would not want to miss!

Good luck with everything.

Alia

hi! i am a university of kent postgrad student also looking to give up my tenancy at woolf college. i have been struggling to find tenancy replacement, tried facebook and word of mouth but unfortunately havent found one yet, i also asked kentunion but they couldnt help. are there any advice, or other possible options, or anyone interested? hopefully i can get one for next term
Original post by hazielnut
hi! i am a university of kent postgrad student also looking to give up my tenancy at woolf college. i have been struggling to find tenancy replacement, tried facebook and word of mouth but unfortunately havent found one yet, i also asked kentunion but they couldnt help. are there any advice, or other possible options, or anyone interested? hopefully i can get one for next term

Hi @hazielnut ,

I am sorry to here you are having no luck with this.

As it is on campus accommodation the process might be a bit different so I would recommend checking out this website and scrolling down to "Changing your room/contract, leaving early or not arriving". https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/faqs.

I hope this helps but if it does not you are welcome to have a look at their contact details here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/contact.

I hope it all goes smoothly. :smile:
Alia
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @hazielnut ,
I am sorry to here you are having no luck with this.
As it is on campus accommodation the process might be a bit different so I would recommend checking out this website and scrolling down to "Changing your room/contract, leaving early or not arriving". https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/faqs.
I hope this helps but if it does not you are welcome to have a look at their contact details here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/contact.
I hope it all goes smoothly. :smile:
Alia

hi! is there anywhere else that i can post the room for anyone who wants to have the ensuite woolf college accomodation, available immediately? i tried facebook etc but still hasnt found one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending