The Student Room Group

How do I leave my accommodation?

Hi there,

I’m based in Canterbury, Kent, and I need advice on how to leave my accommodation. I live here with my partner, but we have found a better place we’d like to move to. We need to find two tenants to take our place, any advice?
How long is left on the contract?
Who is the landlord?
Are there restrictions on who could take your place?
If you share a house, are other people going to be able to have a say/veto replacements?

Share a bit more info and the community might be able to offer more precise advice.
Reply 2
We haven’t started this new contract yet it would be starting on the 3rd September. We are with riverside student quarter at the moment. Those who take our place would have to be students as it is student accommodation and is a studio room.
Can you not just inform them you won't be taking up the place? If I'm reading it right, you will have paid a reservation fee equivalent to 1 week's rent. If you choose not to take up occupation, then under clause 3.4 this is all that will be forfeited (https://novelstudent.com/termsandconditions).

If you talk to them beforehand, they may have other people on a waiting list and could be prepared to let you go without keeping the deposit. I'd phone them and ask if I were you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending