The Student Room Group

MAJOR PANIC. Last Minute Uni Housing for September?

So I'm going into 2nd year, and have signed to rent a 2 bed student flat I was going to share with my best friend. Due to some crazy circumstances, she is probably not going to be able to live with me in any capacity.

My rent is pppw so if I stayed there, and couldn't find a replacement tenant, my poor friend would have to pay all that rent even though she isn't even living there. This is, until they could find a replacement tenant, and then god knows who I will be stuck with.

The best course of action I think is find 2 replacements for us both and I will find a place on my own.

However, being that it is June, and my budget at absolute max is about £220 bills incl here are very very few options. Renting a room/house sharing in a private property/not on a uni complex makes me feel very unsafe (I'm a young, small woman), so I'd far prefer a studio.

Have any of you dealt with anything like this before? Have you got any tips?
Are waiting lists worth getting on? Is a place likely to come up in time?
Also is it easy to advertise for a replacement tenant for oneself? How is best to go about this?
Check out spare rooms.co.uk
Reply 2
Original post by SkeletonLady
So I'm going into 2nd year, and have signed to rent a 2 bed student flat I was going to share with my best friend. Due to some crazy circumstances, she is probably not going to be able to live with me in any capacity.

My rent is pppw so if I stayed there, and couldn't find a replacement tenant, my poor friend would have to pay all that rent even though she isn't even living there. This is, until they could find a replacement tenant, and then god knows who I will be stuck with.

The best course of action I think is find 2 replacements for us both and I will find a place on my own.

However, being that it is June, and my budget at absolute max is about £220 bills incl here are very very few options. Renting a room/house sharing in a private property/not on a uni complex makes me feel very unsafe (I'm a young, small woman), so I'd far prefer a studio.

Also is it easy to advertise for a replacement tenant for oneself? How is best to go about this?

is this a uni accom or private housing? if it's student accommodation I'm actually looking for a 2 bed place, where is it located?

Hi there,
Replacement tenant wise, I'd definitely recommend posting on forums like The Student Room and on sites like Spare Room. You could also share on social media. Just make sure (if you haven't already) to notify your landlord/estate agent that you're looking for replacement tenants, as they might have a waiting list of their own and be able to assist.

In terms of looking for somewhere new to stay later in the academic year, I've been in that position a couple of times and there are usually rooms left - although choice might be limited! Have a search around the area you'd like to stay in for private student accommodation, many (like us) may offer studios at certain properties. If there is no availability, join the waiting lists as there's every chance somebody might cancel or also be looking for a replacement tenant!

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Reply 4
Original post by Visiole
is this a uni accom or private housing? if it's student accommodation I'm actually looking for a 2 bed place, where is it located?

Omg brilliant. It's Student Cribs uni accomm
Waterside Residential Village
Seaford Road
Salford

£126pppw, water and internet included. Message me, if I don't joke about my housing stress I will cry instead lmao). On message I'll give you more info and pics/vids from my viewing.
Seaford Road
Salford

£126pppw, water and internet included. (don't mind the email address, if I don't joke about my housing stress I will cry instead lmao). On email I'll give you more info and pics/vids from my viewing.

Do not give out your private details on here.
Reply 6
Seaford Road
Salford

£126pppw, water and internet included. if I don't joke about my housing stress I will cry instead lmao). On email I'll give you more info and pics/vids from my viewing.

AHHHH i'm so sorry it's way too far away for me ):, also like the other person said it's probably not wise to give out personal information here so maybe take it down just in case! I'm sorry I can't help with your situation.
Reply 7
Original post by the mumivator
Do not give out your private details on here.

It's an email address i made specifically for this and not an address I'll ever live at, I'll be ok :wink:
Reply 8

Hi, are you still looking for people to take over the 2 bed flat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending