The Student Room Group

Resitting A levels? Help pls

I’m genuinely so scared for results day, there’s only 3 days left. I’m convinced I’ve failed 2/3 of my subjects and I just know I won’t get into uni at all so I’m looking into alternative routes such as resitting my a levels again, but I have 2 options. The first option is college- I’ve emailed the only college near me and they told me I can resit my A2 with them but I don’t like the college or the people that are there, it has a bad rep and I don’t want to waste my time being taught by bad teachers since I’ll just fail again. My second option is resitting my a levels independently. This is my only other possible choice, Id be handed the spec and I’d have to teach myself everything and then I’d have to apply to sit the exam in an exam hall. I was thinking if I resat I could get a tutor so I’d be getting extra support but I was just wondering if I did option 2 how am I going to apply for uni in 2024? How am I meant to know my predicted grades if I’m teaching myself? if I contact my old teachers how would they know if they no longer teach me, if I use my old predicted grades it won’t reflect my new ones? I’m still unsure on which pathway I should take so if anyone can offer advice I’d be grateful (apprenticeships are out of question- none are available for what I want to study).
Reply 1
Original post by Shaylahnaomi
I’m genuinely so scared for results day, there’s only 3 days left. I’m convinced I’ve failed 2/3 of my subjects and I just know I won’t get into uni at all so I’m looking into alternative routes such as resitting my a levels again, but I have 2 options. The first option is college- I’ve emailed the only college near me and they told me I can resit my A2 with them but I don’t like the college or the people that are there, it has a bad rep and I don’t want to waste my time being taught by bad teachers since I’ll just fail again. My second option is resitting my a levels independently. This is my only other possible choice, Id be handed the spec and I’d have to teach myself everything and then I’d have to apply to sit the exam in an exam hall. I was thinking if I resat I could get a tutor so I’d be getting extra support but I was just wondering if I did option 2 how am I going to apply for uni in 2024? How am I meant to know my predicted grades if I’m teaching myself? if I contact my old teachers how would they know if they no longer teach me, if I use my old predicted grades it won’t reflect my new ones? I’m still unsure on which pathway I should take so if anyone can offer advice I’d be grateful (apprenticeships are out of question- none are available for what I want to study).

I would say just go to a different college near by - you might need to travel 30 minutes on a train or bus but it’s way better than being at a college you don’t like (trust me travelling to school is not bad at all - you have time to revise or listen to music and have time to collect yourself before you interact for 5/6 hours). I wouldn’t try and revise for them yourself and the whole reapplying through ucas is more stressful. At least at college you’ll have help - teachers to help with references and read thru your personal statement for you. Also results day hasn’t even been yet, so don’t stress until you have your results. For the possibility, you’ve done well - you would have wished you didn’t worry !!! Update us !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending