The Student Room Group

English language or French for A level?

Hello,
So my friend told me to choose French instead of English language since I’m a French native speaker.
But it feels wrong to choose French because I won’t have to study like non native speaker that also chose French I just have to look for French grammar rules etc..
And I don’t even know if as a native speaker they’ll accept me.
What do you guys think English or French?
Original post by Nabiaa
Hello,
So my friend told me to choose French instead of English language since I’m a French native speaker.
But it feels wrong to choose French because I won’t have to study like non native speaker that also chose French I just have to look for French grammar rules etc..
And I don’t even know if as a native speaker they’ll accept me.
What do you guys think English or French?

They will definitely accept you as a native speaker. My friend who was a native spanish speaker was accepted into her course. Don't feel wrong that you won't have to study because you most definitely still will have to. The essays are long and draining regardless of the fact that you are fluent in the language. You need to choose based on passion though. If you are more passionate about french then of course choose french. If youre just doing it for the sake that you know the language and probably will get good then at the end of the day its your choice. However if youre more passionate about english language and want to add to your knowledge then opt for that. Me personally I would trial out both of the subjects for a couple of weeks and then choose which one I like more according to the experience. Your college will definitely allow you to do this. Hope this helps :smile: (also don't let your friends opinion sway your choice)
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest