The Student Room Group

Royal college of art

Do i need a ba in fashion to study the Ma fashion degree or it is more the portfolio and experience that count ?
Without being certain on what the requirements of that particular course is, it is typical for a minimum grade expectation from your BA to be in place to study an MA, however for creative courses a portfolio is just as important most of the time. Try getting in touch with their admissions team and getting a better idea of the application requirements! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CamembertPaws
Without being certain on what the requirements of that particular course is, it is typical for a minimum grade expectation from your BA to be in place to study an MA, however for creative courses a portfolio is just as important most of the time. Try getting in touch with their admissions team and getting a better idea of the application requirements! :smile:

These are that requirements on the website

Candidates are selected entirely on merit and applications are welcomed from all over the world. The selection process considers creativity, imagination and innovation as demonstrated in your portfolio, as well as your potential to benefit from the programme and to achieve high MA standards overall.
We want students who wish to articulate new perspectives, develop their imagination and advance an enquiry about their discipline, practice and industry. You’ll be self-motivated, determined critical thinkers and passionate about their discipline, as well as technically curious and independent.

They also offer a graduate diploma course online but it's almost £7000 and I would most likely have to self fund it so I'm hoping I don't need to.
Original post by Rose_99
These are that requirements on the website

Candidates are selected entirely on merit and applications are welcomed from all over the world. The selection process considers creativity, imagination and innovation as demonstrated in your portfolio, as well as your potential to benefit from the programme and to achieve high MA standards overall.
We want students who wish to articulate new perspectives, develop their imagination and advance an enquiry about their discipline, practice and industry. You’ll be self-motivated, determined critical thinkers and passionate about their discipline, as well as technically curious and independent.

They also offer a graduate diploma course online but it's almost £7000 and I would most likely have to self fund it so I'm hoping I don't need to.

By the looks of that then they don't require a particular grade from your BA and portfolio and experience would be up there with the important factors amongst some other things, do you know if they require an interview?
Reply 4
By the looks of that then they don't require a particular grade from your BA and portfolio and experience would be up there with the important factors amongst some other things, do you know if they require an interview?

Yes they require a video interview
Original post by Rose_99
Yes they require a video interview

Great! then all of these factors will be taken into consideration :smile: good luck with your application!
Reply 6
Great! then all of these factors will be taken into consideration :smile: good luck with your application!

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest