The Student Room Group

Picking between two universities

I have a offer to study at Brighton. It is a mechanical engineering degree. However I have also been thinking about studying at Sussex. To get to Sussex I would have to do a foundation year. So is Brighton to Sussex worth a extra year of work and debt?
Reply 1
@Muttley79 can you please advise.
In reality, it’s up to you

Where would you prefer to live and study (have you visited both)? Will you much prefer one over the other? Are there any material differences in the courses or the results they produce?

Do you want to be by the sea or more inland?

Lost of questions but it’s whatever is “right” for you
Original post by Baacil
I have an offer to study at Brighton. It is a mechanical engineering degree. However I have also been thinking about studying at Sussex. To get to Sussex I would have to do a foundation year. So is Brighton to Sussex worth an extra year of work and debt?

Hi, @Baacil,

Congratulations on your offer! Ultimately, you should ask yourself why you want to study in Sussex - what is it that’s interested you to look there?

Knowing this will allow you to make a fair comparison between the two cities and will clarify which will provide the best experience for you. If you find that this one aspect about uni-life is worth a bit more time and work then go for it! Going to university is a great way to get yourself out there, have a once in a lifetime experience as well as meeting new friends along the way!

Wishing you all the best,
Ellie
Reply 4
Original post by Baacil
I have a offer to study at Brighton. It is a mechanical engineering degree. However I have also been thinking about studying at Sussex. To get to Sussex I would have to do a foundation year. So is Brighton to Sussex worth a extra year of work and debt?

Neither is particularly noted for mech Eng - have you looked at Brookes?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending