The Student Room Group

As level choices, french or biology ?

I am currently debating between these two subjects. For the A levels I'm taking: maths, chemistry and physics and for As levels I have general paper and for the other subject I'm still indecisive between French and biology.
Reply 1
Bio duh
Original post by Pooj-
I am currently debating between these two subjects. For the A levels I'm taking: maths, chemistry and physics and for As levels I have general paper and for the other subject I'm still indecisive between French and biology.

Hi @Pooj-,

Considering your combination of subjects for A-Levels I would say biology would be the ideal pick if you decide to study a STEM course for university, or as a career path. Do you have an idea of what you would like to do for university?

It is still important to take into account how intensive your a-level subject combinations are already, and doing biology on top of that might just be the cherry on top. So perhaps if you want a little bit less stress that you could consider French if you have an interest in that subject as well.

Ultimately, I think what you wish to study in university should determine which of the two you should take.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest