The Student Room Group

A level options

I want to do law at university and I'm having a hard time picking between English lit and English lang and Lit .I was wondering if I could have a bit of insight on the differences between the two except for the obvious fact that one is lit and the other is Lang and Lit. (I achieved a 9 in lit and a 7 in language)

The other two options I'm picking are Bio and Chem and I'm aware you don't need them for law, but I enjoyed bio and chem at GCSE level and want to take them further-(I know I'm in for hell)
so i did lit and lang combined! i would not recommend :frown: it's defo not for everyone. you focus on language used rather than themes, like in literature, and there is barely any need for context too. my class hated it (the paris anthology was our nemesis).

i wish i'd chosen lit separately, or even lang separately. combined is a lot of work.

what's your exam board?
is there a reason you're not doing law for a level?
Original post by Starrytillymae
so i did lit and lang combined! i would not recommend :frown: it's defo not for everyone. you focus on language used rather than themes, like in literature, and there is barely any need for context too. my class hated it (the paris anthology was our nemesis).

i wish i'd chosen lit separately, or even lang separately. combined is a lot of work.

what's your exam board?

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. I've been leaning more to just lit recently

The exam board is pearson edexcel
Original post by Starrytillymae
is there a reason you're not doing law for a level?

Law is offered but I've heard that you don't need it at a level to do it at Uni
Original post by nicesuperlight
Law is offered but I've heard that you don't need it at a level to do it at Uni

yes that's totally fair! i did it for a level but according to my teacher, some of it would be different at uni level so probably a good shout paha.

and honestly go for what your gut is telling you!! i had aqa so different content but probably the same overall structure of the courses.

Quick Reply

Latest