The Student Room Group

Midwifery and GCSEs resits

This is probably just the nerves talking but I get my GCSEs in a week and I’m really worried I’ve failed them all but my goal is to be a midwife if I have to resit all my GCSEs will that stop me getting into uni for midwifery.
Reply 1
Original post by N478
This is probably just the nerves talking but I get my GCSEs in a week and I’m really worried I’ve failed them all but my goal is to be a midwife if I have to resit all my GCSEs will that stop me getting into uni for midwifery.

Hi

Don't panic okay 😯

I would suggest that you await your results first and foremost.

Now if you have to resit your GCSES for some reason due to perhaps failing them , then it's not the end of the world as your main thing is that you achieve your chosen university midwifery entry requirements as that's what the main thing is for you to have any chance of hopefully getting offered a place on the course.

Just remember that midwifery is the hardest degree course to get into within the nursing fields due to it being very highly competitive and limited numbers that each university in the UK take in each year. .

You'll still be able to apply for midwifery degree courses once you achieve your grades required for your chosen university okay.

NHS registered midwife.
Reply 2
Thank you so much I’m so scared as I’ve always wanted to do midwifery and I know how difficult the course is to get onto which also adds to the nerves
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

Don't panic okay 😯

I would suggest that you await your results first and foremost.

Now if you have to resit your GCSES for some reason due to perhaps failing them , then it's not the end of the world as your main thing is that you achieve your chosen university midwifery entry requirements as that's what the main thing is for you to have any chance of hopefully getting offered a place on the course.

Just remember that midwifery is the hardest degree course to get into within the nursing fields due to it being very highly competitive and limited numbers that each university in the UK take in each year. .

You'll still be able to apply for midwifery degree courses once you achieve your grades required for your chosen university okay.

NHS registered midwife.
Reply 3
Original post by N478
Thank you so much I’m so scared as I’ve always wanted to do midwifery and I know how difficult the course is to get onto which also adds to the nerves

All you do is your up most best to get through any possible interview, making sure that you have a very good strong personal statement.
Yes midwifery is very hard and you at acknowledged that yourself.

I wouldn't let it get to your nerves okay as you'll make things worse if you get a interview. Stay calm about it and see what happens when you get your exam results and worry if you need to repeat the year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending