The Student Room Group

Access to HE Midwifery Diploma Advice..

I'm 32 years old, I only have standard grade qualifications (except from maths) and considering studying the Access to HE Midwifery Diploma with Learn Direct.

I'm wondering if anybody knows if the diploma itself is enough for me to gain entry to uni, or do I also still need a GCSE / National 5 Level in Maths & English? (I already have standard grade English but unsure if this is expired)

I'm also wondering if it would be a good idea to take one A-Level / Higher in the same year I study the diploma. Or would this be unrealistic/ too much work for one year?

I'd appreciate any advice! Would especially love to hear thoughts from anyone else who has studied the diploma.

Thanks 😊
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Clarey1706
I'm 32 years old, I only have standard grade qualifications (except from maths) and considering studying the Access to HE Midwifery Diploma with Learn Direct.

I'm wondering if anybody knows if the diploma itself is enough for me to gain entry to uni, or do I also still need a GCSE / National 5 Level in Maths & English? (I already have standard grade English but unsure if this is expired)

I'm also wondering if it would be a good idea to take one A-Level / Higher in the same year I study the diploma. Or would this be unrealistic/ too much work for one year?

I'd appreciate any advice! Would especially love to hear thoughts from anyone else who has studied the diploma.

Thanks 😊

Hi,

I'd say go for it - i took my GCSE's in 1990 and i haven't had to re-sit anything

i'm starting Uni this September having just completed the Nursing and Midwifery Access course... They may ask you to do maths GCSE alongside that but English is the one they look out for to make sure you have as it's a requirement for the undergraduate course.

The access course would give you enough points to get onto a uni course

It's intense but fun if you enjoy a challenge and learning :smile:

Best of luck
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending