The Student Room Group

Grade equivalents

A level results were BCD. The C is being reviewed as 1 mark off B. Needed BBB but course asking for BCC in clearing. If end up with another B instead of C, would a uni accept BBD over clearing requirement of BCC?
Original post by Amh75
A level results were BCD. The C is being reviewed as 1 mark off B. Needed BBB but course asking for BCC in clearing. If end up with another B instead of C, would a uni accept BBD over clearing requirement of BCC?

Have you told them that you’re getting a priority mark review?
I think would be best to discuss it with the Uni direct. If the D was in say Geography and wanting to do a Geography degree think would be different than if the D was in German say.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Have you told them that you’re getting a priority mark review?

Yes and they have said
“This year we have had a lot of outstanding applicants firmly accept and meet the conditions of their offer. This has meant that we have not had as much flexibility as we might have had in previous years to accept applicants who have missed the conditions of their offer, even where this is by the smallest of margins.”
In view of this, I do not understand why it is showing in clearing then for BCC. Although they do not use tariff points, BBD equates to the same amount as their clearing offer when I checked the UCAS calculator. Very confused…..is it simply that the D is not acceptable (RG Uni). This is for my daughter who at the moment is understandably upset after difficult time. We have also told the uni that she is prepared to resit the D in order to try for entry next year but they won’t hold the conditional offer and have said she could reapply.
It is not a required subject for the course.
Thank you.
I suspect that the D will be the issue as even if the UCAS tariff points are the same it is clear they want them to be a minimum of a C.

I am aware of individuals who got 2 A* and a D with similar entry requirements who were rejected on the basis that the reason for the requirement was to show the ability to balance studying multiple subjects.

It sounds unlikely that they will budge so.time to look into alternative options especially as clearing places can be snapped up quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending