The Student Room Group

I messed up

Got A*BB yesterday, I am 3 marks off an A in maths and 10 marks off an A in computer science. And due to my stupidity and overconfidence my firm and insurance were too close (Leeds, Manchester foundation year for CS) being AAA and AAB respectively. I got rejected by both and put into clearing ):

I emailed both of them and they said if I change my maths grade they would reconsider my application.

I of course payed for my maths paper to be remarked as my teacher suggested but I’m hopeless at this point. Would it be worth resitting maths if I’m unsuccessful with the remark?
Have you looked at what’s available in clearing instead.
It’s pretty ridiculous that Manchester were only offering a foundation year to someone with an AAB offer.
Reply 2
Hard to believe that with such fabulous grades you have a problem. I would see what you can do in clearing, there must be a decent uni/course that would snap you up
Reply 3
Original post by drysty
Got A*BB yesterday, I am 3 marks off an A in maths and 10 marks off an A in computer science. And due to my stupidity and overconfidence my firm and insurance were too close (Leeds, Manchester foundation year for CS) being AAA and AAB respectively. I got rejected by both and put into clearing ):

I emailed both of them and they said if I change my maths grade they would reconsider my application.

I of course payed for my maths paper to be remarked as my teacher suggested but I’m hopeless at this point. Would it be worth resitting maths if I’m unsuccessful with the remark?

I wouldn't bother resitting with those great grades tbh and agree that it was ridiculous that you got rejected for the foundation year. I think you should work hard today at finding an alternative course at another good uni via Clearing.
I got rejected from Manchester for a different course and just missed out on the grades, it's rubbish but they where being really picky this year so just pushed through clearing and am going to Newcastle - as long as you have a plan and direction it will all work out.
Original post by drysty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending