The Student Room Group

Is it worth going to a more prestigious uni with a foundation year?

I completely messed up my A level results and I'm not too sure what to do. I'm not looking to retake my exams.

The course I've applied to is Business Management, and I wonder will it be more beneficial for me in the future to take a course at a higher university: Will employers in this sector care where I've studied? How would this look compared to other candidates? The extra 9k in debt + another year is throwing me off in which I could be doing a placement year at a lower uni.

Appreciate any advice that could help me.
I believe that with taking a foundation year the university covers the costs of doing it. Going to a more prestigious university will put you in contact with more prestigious employers (and arguable better grad offers), however, very few jobs will require you to go to a prestigious university in order to get a job there as it all comes down to experience after your degree. (Ensure you know what type of degree your area of work requires - some require you to study a BSc over a BA, so keep this in mind!)
Original post by bryson24
I completely messed up my A level results and I'm not too sure what to do. I'm not looking to retake my exams.

The course I've applied to is Business Management, and I wonder will it be more beneficial for me in the future to take a course at a higher university: Will employers in this sector care where I've studied? How would this look compared to other candidates? The extra 9k in debt + another year is throwing me off in which I could be doing a placement year at a lower uni.

Appreciate any advice that could help me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending