The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

How is UEA foundation year for CS?

Title, is the course good and is it worth taking a foundation year? I am predicted A* A C however didn’t take the correct a level choices. UEA was my most highest ranking uni and most prestigious. I hold other offers without foundation year but they rank lower. (Comparing to UEA, the other unis are like in the 30s/40s.

I’m also worried about if the uni i pick will affect my job employability.
Hi @Unknownaspriv

If you feel that you didn't take the right a levels then it may be worth looking into a foundation year, but often with all courses they start from the beginning. At the beginning of all courses and especially in first year there is a lot of support in adjusting to the material. It may be worth going to an open day and an introductory talk in the course at UEA to see how you find it! :smile:

UEA offers great employability with a career central service. For more information on UEA and course requirements, feel free to look on the UEA website: https://www.uea.ac.uk/about/university-information/governance/policies-and-regulations/general-regulations/requirements-for-ug-programmes

If you have any further questions feel free to ask! :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending