The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

SOAS Foundation (Business, Econ & Law) - transferable onto Kings potentially?

I have an offer to study the foundation year at SOAS, for 2021 entry. I hope to enjoy SOAS, however, I'd like to know whether the foundation could be considered at other (preferably London unis) such as Kings or UCL - if I was to achieve a high percentage.

Of course, I wont be doing a foundation at SOAS to transfer, just would find comfort in the fact that it would be a possibility, if I didn't enjoy SOAS.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beachcitycat
I have an offer to study the foundation year at SOAS, for 2021 entry. I hope to enjoy SOAS, however, I'd like to know whether the foundation could be considered at other (preferably London unis) such as Kings or UCL - if I was to achieve a high percentage.

Of course, I wont be doing a foundation at SOAS to transfer, just would find comfort in the fact that it would be a possibility, if I didn't enjoy SOAS.

Contact Kings/UCL and ask them directly. Foundation years are for progression at the same uni, so it is at their discretion.

Foundation years are not a good choice if you want to keep your options open.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

This is what Kings say about it on their website

Students studying Foundation Year programmes are welcome to apply for our programmes. Foundation programmes from other universities and further education providers in the UK are considered on a case-by-case basis. Whether or not we can consider a particular foundation year as suitable for study at King's depends on the content of the syllabus and modules studied. In the past we have accepted foundation programmes from University College London, the University of Warwick and SOAS, University of London.

Once you have submitted an application, the Admissions Office may asked for further details on your qualification, such as a list of modules and course specifications, in order to make a fair assessment of your application.
Reply 3

Hey so Im actually on the FY and applied to those unis. UCL rejected, still waiting to hear from KCL, but I know others have been rejected and given offers. So it is possible, I have an offer from city... Contact the unis beforehand.
Original post by saifk
Hey so Im actually on the FY and applied to those unis. UCL rejected, still waiting to hear from KCL, but I know others have been rejected and given offers. So it is possible, I have an offer from city... Contact the unis beforehand.

Keep us updated!!!

Hi I’m in the same position as you 😫 I ended up accepting the offer (I plan on emailing other unis once I’m there), and was wondering if u did aswell, if you have I would love to be friends !
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Keep us updated!!!

accepted my offer to go to kcl !
Original post by an5ever

ahh me too!! i'd love to be friends, hopefully we could go through this process together? :smile:

Yes of course I would love to! I’m so glad someone replied, do you use social media? If so, tell me your username and I’d be sure to add u. 😌
Original post by saifk

Congratulations! What subject are u going to study? And do u have any advice and tips with the foundation year at soas and getting into kcl.
Reply 9
Original post by saifk

hi, I'm also doing BMEL foundation year at Soas. I want to do law could you let me know the procedure of how did u apply? like did you ask for a transfer letter if yes from who? then applied thru ucas , what foundation year grade u needed and deadline to apply?
Reply 10
Original post by aa001243
hi, I'm also doing BMEL foundation year at Soas. I want to do law could you let me know the procedure of how did u apply? like did you ask for a transfer letter if yes from who? then applied thru ucas , what foundation year grade u needed and deadline to apply?

apply as an individual on ucas
you can use the same ps - just add something about soas in
you dont need any sort of transfer lettet (just withdraw from soas at the end of the year if you get accepted elsewhere)
reference comes from your personal tutor so get in touch with them
deadline is ucas deadline (26th jan)
i needed to get 60% overall on the fy year to get onto the course at kcl i wanted
Hi how did you do your application?x
Original post by pinkmind1120
Hi how did you do your application?x

Never mind you already replied to this
@an5ever I'm also doing the same foundation year at SOAS and planning to transfer, would you like to be friends?
Original post by saifk
you dont need any sort of transfer lettet (just withdraw from soas at the end of the year if you get accepted elsewhere)
i needed to get 60% overall on the fy year to get onto the course at kcl i wanted

What exactly did you add in about your uni? I am thinking of transferring after my foundation year at QMUL but don't know what to add about it.
Original post by saifk

Hi, hope you’re well :smile:

Just wanted to ask did you know if you have to sit the LNAT if you’re applying for law at KCL?

dont go to SOAS. it is a shell of what it was.

The website makes out like nothing has changed since covid, but there has been major restructuring which has resulted in some of the best modules the uni had across all departments disappear. at this point even university of Westminster is a better option.

fyi i am a soas student
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, hope you’re well :smile:

Just wanted to ask did you know if you have to sit the LNAT if you’re applying for law at KCL?

yeps, i know someone that did and they had to sit the lnat
Hi , I’ve applied to this course for 2022 . Are u currently in the foundation year ? How is it like ? As I really want to do the course and then transfer to a more prestigious university .
Hello I’m in the same position this year and I’m not sure if the foundation year is worth it. And how was it for you and if you think I should accept it or not?

Quick Reply

Latest