The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University

Any current uni students have any advice on how to prepare for university beforehand e.g. which books to read, videos to watch etc. i just want to be prepared for uni :smile:
Hi @mayab23 :smile:

You will be given access to your SurreyLearn account, where lecturers will post about all of your modules, including any reading lists and videos they recommend you watch before starting, so not to worry!

Alternatively, you can contact your lecturers directly and ask them for a list of useful books. You can also visit the Unibuddy page to chat to students online that do the same course as you, and ask for any study tips.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hi there,

Before university starts you should be given access to your student account on whichever platform they use. There you should be able to find any reccomended reading that your course suggests which you may want to look into.

Otherwise, I would say enjoy your summer. University takes in a whole range of students who studied different subjects on different boards so they will teach you what you need to know and dont expect you to be an expert. make sure you're taking a much needed break from working so hard from A-levels.

You can also prepare other aspects. Have a look at what things you might want to try - any societies, part-time jobs, academic projects that your university offers? What will you be taking with you - in this sense my biggest advice is less is more. There's no point in packing all your summer dresses if you wont be there for the sun. There are lots of places online which give good lists of things you'll need and wont.

Good luck with starting uni!
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending