The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

I don't know where to go for uni help

So I have had to go though clearing but I have been given a few places which is good:
Northumbira integrated foundation year
Greenwich
Goldsmiths
Royal holloway integrated foundation year
Chester
Hull
Central lancashire
Bath spa
Aberystwyth
Huddersfield
City uni of London
Coventry
I'm doing history and am in desperate need of help. Originally I wanted to go to King's but that fell through. Any advice ?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Hx27932b
So I have had to go though clearing but I have been given a few places which is good:
Northumbira integrated year
Greenwich
Goldsmiths
Royal holloway integrated year
Chester
Hull
Central lancashire
Bath spa
Aberystwyth
Huddersfield
City uni of London
Coventry
I'm doing history and am in desperate need of help. Originally I wanted to go to King's but that fell through. Any advice ?

Which course appeals to you most?

By "integrated" do you mean a foundation year? If so, how do you feel about the extra cost?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Northumbira integrated year
Greenwich
Goldsmiths
Royal holloway integrated year
Chester
Hull
Central lancashire
Bath spa
Aberystwyth
Huddersfield
City uni of London
Coventry

Hi @Hx27932b,

Firstly, congratulations on all your offers! Which course do you want to study?

I would consider writing a list of things you would like out of a university. Think about location, things to do in the city, student life, modules and services available that are in place to support you.

It might feel very overwhelming right now so I would suggest take a step back, grab a hot or cold drink and discuss your options either here or with a family member or friend. A spreadsheet with a list of criteria might help, or you could rate each university. A pros/cons list may also be helpful, it is up to you. Dont forget to look at accommodation too if you plan to live there.

Kent is still open for clearing if you would like to give us a ring, the line closes at 8pm today but it will be open Saturday 9am-3pm and Sunday 10am - 2pm. The number is: +44 (0)1227 768896.

Good luck!

Alia
University of Kent Student rep
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot

By
I think the Royal Holloway option sounds quite good.
Reply 5

By "integrated" do you mean a foundation year? If so, how do you feel about the extra cost?

Hi yeah that's what I mean sorry.
I extra cost is what is a bit dounting but I think its better then not going uni
Reply 6

By

Tbh rh or Goldsmiths just becuase you can do moduals at the other colleges of uni.
Reply 7
I know Royal Holloway has a very strong History department & the main building is gorgeous so that is one I would definitely research some more to see if the course interests you.

It's in Surrey not London (though it's part of the University of London which has advantages) but has a nice campus. The surrounding area is quiet compared to London though.
Reply 8
Greenwich
Goldsmiths
Chester
Hull
Central lancashire
Bath spa
Aberystwyth
Huddersfield
City uni of London
Coventry

Well see which schools are budget friendly for you, what you must drawn to and like. And which is best known for its history course. Along with other reasons. As far as I know, royal Holloway is quite a good uni, as it not only is part of the uni of London it is quite a good uni that employers look for. My history teacher/tutor went there and she loved it. Also if you like architect, then that's also a bonus.

I also got into royal holloway through clearing, i heard its a good uni but not much to do in the area, although central london is close
Original post by cravenmanal
I also got into royal holloway through clearing, i heard its a good uni but not much to do in the area, although central london is close

You can get a train from Royal Holloway (Egham station) to Waterloo, It takes about 40 minutes.
Reply 11
Original post by harrysbar
I know Royal Holloway has a very strong History department & the main building is gorgeous so that is one I would definitely research some more to see if the course interests you.

It's in Surrey not London (though it's part of the University of London which has advantages) but has a nice campus. The surrounding area is quiet compared to London though.

Agreed that's what my tutor said
Reply 12
Original post by cravenmanal

That's the one thing I'm a bit worried about because I do get bored easily
Reply 13
That's the one thing I'm a bit worried about because I do get bored easily

Go a bit exploring maybe and go to Central London like they suggested? If it isn't for you go look for another you may like xx

Or indulge in some hobbies or interests? To keep the ball running and not get bored? Up to you it's ur future xx
I'd also suggest choosing quickly as most of your offers will have had a deadline of 4pm today before it becomes first come first serve, also if you need to get housing it might be guranteed at some of your unis but some not. So you have to join their accom waiting list asap
(edited 8 months ago)
Greenwich
Goldsmiths
Chester
Hull
Central lancashire
Bath spa
Aberystwyth
Huddersfield
City uni of London
Coventry

Hi there @Hx27932b,

Checking in to see how you're doing today? 😊

I'm really sorry to read that the university you originally wanted to go to fell through. I know it can feel disheartening but please don't worry as there are plenty of different paths and options available to you.

When it comes to choosing which university to study at you might find it useful to do some research on each of your offers, you can do this through their websites. Make a note of what you like about each one as this can help narrow down your list.

It's great to see UCLan on your list and that you are interested in studying History. 🌹

We do still have places available for our BA (Hons) History course through Clearing. You might be interested to know that students on this course benefit from taking on the Community History Project, which involves working on a live project brief with a real client.

Give our friendly team here at the University of Central Lancashire a call if you would like to further discuss your options.

Our Clearing lines are open this weekend.

📞 01772 830777

📆 Saturday 19 August
🕐 9.00am - 5.00pm

📆 Sunday 20 August
🕐 10.00am - 4.00pm

Of course we are a little biased as we would love to welcome you here at UCLan, but whatever your decision we do wish you the best for the future! 😊

Let us know if you have any questions. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending