The Student Room Group

Quraan Tafseer

Asalamu'alaykum wa'rahmatullaahi wa'barakatuhu,

Which books would be best to use/read to translate and understand the quraan?
Reply 1
Original post by tandoori potatoe
Asalamu'alaykum wa'rahmatullaahi wa'barakatuhu,

Which books would be best to use/read to translate and understand the quraan?

Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

The best translation of the meaning of the Qur'aan from the well known ones is the one by Taqi ud-Deen al-Hilali & Muhsin Khan as well as the one by Saheeh International. I prefer the latter as the first has a lot of brackets which make it harder to read but the first is more accurate.

The best tafseer for a beginner is Tafseer as-Sa'di, which has been translated into English and is amazing. Tafseer Ibn Katheer has also been translated but the first is more suitable as a starter and is easy to understand. May Allaah increase us in beneficial knowledge.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by I7V
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

The best translation of the meaning of the Qur'aan from the well known ones is the one by Taqi ud-Deen al-Hilali & Muhsin Khan as well as the one by Saheeh International. I prefer the latter as the first has a lot of brackets which make it harder to read but the first is more accurate.

The best tafseer for a beginner is Tafseer as-Sa'di, which has been translated into English and is amazing. Tafseer Ibn Katheer has also been translated but the first is more suitable as a starter and is easy to understand. May Allaah increase us in beneficial knowledge.

Jzakillah khair, ameen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending