The Student Room Group

medicine

Hi, i just recently received my A-level results and was really dissapointed at the outcome. I obtained BBC so now im really worried and not sure about what the best course of action would be to take especially as I already know getting into medicine is really hard.
I tried looking into doing a foundation year course but dont really qualify for them.
My other option was to resit I already know not many unis accept my grades so ive researched which ones allow for me to retake.
Should I still try to apply this year with status of retaking and hope for the miracle of an offer, if not once i get my results of my resits and hopefully get good marks go through clearing.
Im really not sure what to do next so if you have an idea of what would be the best route i would really appreciate the help.
Original post by Sweetpotato03
Hi, i just recently received my A-level results and was really dissapointed at the outcome. I obtained BBC so now im really worried and not sure about what the best course of action would be to take especially as I already know getting into medicine is really hard.
I tried looking into doing a foundation year course but dont really qualify for them.
My other option was to resit I already know not many unis accept my grades so ive researched which ones allow for me to retake.
Should I still try to apply this year with status of retaking and hope for the miracle of an offer, if not once i get my results of my resits and hopefully get good marks go through clearing.
Im really not sure what to do next so if you have an idea of what would be the best route i would really appreciate the help.

Hi there,
I just wanted to direct you to this thread, where someone is in a similar situation to you and they've received some useful advice :console:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7387194
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2

Those that do not have minimum first sit grade requirements mostly need a high UCAT to compensate, so maybe sit your UCAT before making a decision?
Reply 3
Original post by GANFYD
Those that do not have minimum first sit grade requirements mostly need a high UCAT to compensate, so maybe sit your UCAT before making a decision?

okay, my ucat is in september ill do that then thank you
Reply 4
okay, my ucat is in september ill do that then thank you

Then come back and ask for advice and I'll see if I can help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending