The Student Room Group

Warwick vs. Durham for engineering

HONEST opinions from people at both please.

Please include these in your reply (not limited to these areas):

-uni life (sports, accom, things to do. Btw I'm not a big drinker/partier/clubber so nightlife isn't important to me)
-teaching + course quality
-people + inclusivity/ can you fit in & find like-minded people easily
-any regrets or negatives of studying there/the uni in general
-flexibility to take modules from external departments
-your happiness there

I look forward to your replies and thank you :smile:)
Original post by Llh---

-uni life (sports, accom, things to do. Btw I'm not a big drinker/partier/clubber so nightlife isn't important to me)
-your happiness there

[Moved to engineering forum to help you get more replies]

The course should be your primary consideration. Compare modules (and optional modules) and placement opportunities for all years of the course and see which you prefer before considering other factors.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
[Moved to engineering forum to help you get more replies]

The course should be your primary consideration. Compare modules (and optional modules) and placement opportunities for all years of the course and see which you prefer before considering other factors.

The thing is, I have an offer from Durham for this September, but I've been thinking sb Warwick's course alot and I quite like the management aspect that's incorporated into it.
But I'm not sure if I should go to Durham this Sept or take the year out and reapply. Bear in mind I've already had 2 gap years so...
Reply 3
Original post by Llh---

-your happiness there

Bump
I really need help. I've found some very disturbing things about eng at Durham, as well as about Durham as a uni. I'm worried and scared, since I have a place at Durham this Sept but now am regretting it and wishing I'd firmed Warwick.

When I visited Durham, I attended the engineering course talk and wasn't a fan. I also felt uneasy with the uni and people around me. Ig I'm looking for reassurance that it's not bad? But I dunno...

There's a very low chance of me being accepted to Warwick eng should I apply, due to my grades (physics is not a requirement for Durham, is for Warwick).
Reply 4
You should probably have a decent chance of getting into warwick without physics. There were a few in my year who didn't have it. Cant tell you much about Durham unfortunately but I reckon the departments are pretty similar. I opted for warwick because of its diversity and wider graduate prospects in finance, consulting etc.

Quick Reply

Latest