The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or Pharmacology?

Which degree would be more worthwhile? I’ve just finished sixth form and I’m in a dilemma

Pharmacy is 5 years with 1+ hour commute to Kent, more job security

Pharmacology is 3 years in a central london (non-Russell group) uni, 2 years less debt

If anyone could give any advice on comparing the two that would be appreciated.
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi there @Amethystic :smile:

I will be a third year student at the University of Kent. Although I do not take the pharmacy course, I hope I can give you a more general response to your question.

I think you are talking about the MPharm course for Kent? Do correct me if I'm mistaken.

The University's MPharm course is a programme that includes workshops, practical laboratory classes, research projects, etc. You will have early exposure from first year to the work environment by placements in hospitals and community pharmacies. The course structure can be found here.

Addressing your questions on careers: The University has a friendly Careers and Employability Service, which can give you advice on how to apply for jobs, perform well in interviews, or write good CVs. The University of Kent also has an Employability Point Scheme which is helpful when trying to secure placement opportunities.

Few of my friends have been commuting to Kent from London during the term time, so commuting can be an option. I would recommend sitting down and comparing both Universities together. You should take into account things that will be important to you during your studies. For example: social life, course structure, costs of living, ease of commuting (likelihood of delays) etc. I hope this helps. :smile:

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer them. :biggrin:

Chloe :smile:
-University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending