The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leicester A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by reubenn05
you score 58, which could be enough this year, but we won’t know for sure. depends how risky your other options are

I was thinking keele, Sunderland and Liverpool. But I’m not sure about Liverpool until the deciles for this year come out
Original post by Ibs_ash
I was thinking keele, Sunderland and Liverpool. But I’m not sure about Liverpool until the deciles for this year come out

leicester may be worth a shot then
Original post by Chi chi5
A* would be 9
cutoff was 59.5, check for contextual criteria, otherwise risky

is this cutoff is for 2023 entry? please confirm. my score is 57.5 is it safe to apply for Leicester for non contexttual student? please respond asap.
Original post by Cleverclock
is this cutoff is for 2023 entry? please confirm. my score is 57.5 is it safe to apply for Leicester for non contexttual student? please respond asap.

Yes that was for 2023, it should come down; but can’t say by how much. I would guess 58 but it’s just that, a guess. Could apply if you choose 3 safer ones x
Reply 24
Hi everyone.

Nine 9's and one 8 at GCSE.
UCAT 2690. Band 2

I think that is 58.5?

Please can someone tell me what the cut-off was last year and if its worth applying?

Thanks so much
Reply 25
Original post by Mn111
Hi everyone.

Nine 9's and one 8 at GCSE.
UCAT 2690. Band 2

I think that is 58.5?

Please can someone tell me what the cut-off was last year and if its worth applying?

Thanks so much

What subject is the 8 in?
Reply 26
when are cut offs published?
Reply 27
Hi there, I got 59.5 for Leicester on the points system for this year. Is this too risky to guarantee an interview?
Original post by dinofish
Hi there, I got 59.5 for Leicester on the points system for this year. Is this too risky to guarantee an interview?

no, the cutoff should decrease this year, probably to around 58
Reply 29
Original post by reubenn05
no, the cutoff should decrease this year, probably to around 58

Thank you!
I have a ucat of 2820 band 2 and 99999888887 with the 9s in english lang, bio, chem, maths and further maths. I also live in a polar4 quintile 1 area. would leicester be a risky choice?
Reply 31
Hi
I have a score of 53.5
Any chance considering separation 8 and 9s this year?
how does leicester score contextual applicants and what criteria considers you as contextual?
Original post by ilovemaths28
how does leicester score contextual applicants and what criteria considers you as contextual?

contextual candidates are scored no differently to non-contextuals, but contextual criteria may help in borderline cases or if you narrowly miss the cutoff. the criteria will be on their website.
Reply 34
Hi, I got 2700 B2,
IGCSEs with 7A*s and 3As,
achieved A-level grades of AAA with A* in EPQ.
Do I stand a good chance at getting interviewed?
Reply 35
Hi
I have UCAT 2690- 26.5
GCSE core 4 - 9998 (8 chemistry) + for remaining four would they consider english literature then i get 9998 or i end up as 9988, giving me 29/30
giving a total of either 55.5/56.5
No contextual

I guess it is not worth taking the risk to apply to Leicester.

I was tempted when i saw the lowest UCAT interviewed in 2023 was 2350, which would be 23.5 + 32(max GCSE) would be same as my score of 55.5, but what i don't know if there is some reason that lowest score was interviewed last year.
is 58 enough for this year?
Reply 37
Original post by Sami.v
Hi
I have UCAT 2690- 26.5
GCSE core 4 - 9998 (8 chemistry) + for remaining four would they consider english literature then i get 9998 or i end up as 9988, giving me 29/30
giving a total of either 55.5/56.5
No contextual

I guess it is not worth taking the risk to apply to Leicester.

I was tempted when i saw the lowest UCAT interviewed in 2023 was 2350, which would be 23.5 + 32(max GCSE) would be same as my score of 55.5, but what i don't know if there is some reason that lowest score was interviewed last year.

The cutoff could come down as the last 2 years they had the COVID grades for GCSEs, and there was less grade inflation during 2021’s GCSEs.
Original post by haripriyarao
is 58 enough for this year?

it could be, but still may be slightly risky
Hi, do you think I would get an interview
GCSEs: 9999988887
A levels (predicted): A*A*A*
UCAT: 2670 B2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending