The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leicester A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by waterycelery
Not quite sure if they're talking about their standard offer, but on their website they say this:

"Our requirement is A*AA at A-level, in three subjects including Chemistry or Biology (with practical aspects) and one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths or Psychology, but excluding General Studies, Citizenship Studies, Critical Thinking or Global Perspectives" - https://le.ac.uk/study/medicine/entry-requirements/mbchb (under "A-levels")

All of my friends (non-contextual) who have heard from Leicester have A*AA as their grade requirements. Also, I think someone on this thread was talking about how Leicester has increased their grade requirement to A*AA

On the website it also said if you do 4 a levels there is an offer of AAAB. Could anyone with an offer who does 4 a levels (not maths and further maths) say if this is true by any chance?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Sgna
Hi what is the standard offer for Leicester? Is it A*AA. Just want to double check since I’ve been put on hold and don’t know if I should withdraw so that I can firm other places or just wait (even tho I could be waiting well into May).

yes it’s A*AA unless you’ve got at least a B in epq and if so it’s AAA
Reply 742
Original post by Sgna
Hi what is the standard offer for Leicester? Is it A*AA. Just want to double check since I’ve been put on hold and don’t know if I should withdraw so that I can firm other places or just wait (even tho I could be waiting well into May).
My offer at Leicester is A*AA.
A* IMG-20240319-WA0054.jpg
to be in chem or bio. To pass practicals if taken. It is even more stringent than the other A*AA uni because Leicester even stated A* to be in chem or bio. I m an international
Reply 743
Original post by Smmhu1
My offer at Leicester is A*AA.
A* IMG-20240319-WA0054.jpg
to be in chem or bio. To pass practicals if taken. It is even more stringent than the other A*AA uni because Leicester even stated A* to be in chem or bio. I m an international

My offer was on 19.3, not today,in case anyone is wondering if the offer comes today
Original post by a.willow
im just going to list a bunch of things you might've already thought about but: rent/price of accommodation in the city and uni, maybe consider the size of the cohort? do they have similar numbers of students and what would you prefer? what facilities they have (like ik leicester has a new compassion focused centre because there's studies showing that compassion rates drop through med school), maybe even look at food places? and distance from supermarkets and stuff if you'll be moving there and need to get that yourself, whether they have electives in the course that you can take?
thats a huge brain dump lol but ultimately go with what your heart desires and your student experience will be what you make it so i wouldn't get too caught up thinking about league tables and things. congrats on both offers btw!

aw thank you so much for all this! :smile: yep still undecided yet pahaha went to leicester virtual offer holding evening today and it did seem really gooood unfortunately no comparison point tho as leeds aren’t doing any med specific content for offer holders which i find odd :/
Any offers/hold/rejection today? Thanks
got my rejection yesterday ☹️ guess i'm off to notts in september!
Original post by alienstar
i am international and on hold

me right here! my friend who is also an intl just got rejected
Original post by a.willow
got my rejection yesterday ☹️ guess i'm off to notts in september!

Sorry to hear and hope you have other options available...
Reply 749
Intl. With leics being my first pick, I'm very upset to say I got put on hold. At least it's not over yet. Could someone help me understand what the difference between being on hold and on waiting list is? Also could I email them back to perhaps ask for my rank on the hold list?
Original post by Mum493
Yes I have now been through full thread for 2023 entry. As said above looks like some of those who didnt get the hold email then got offers quickly. Cant tell re rejections.
Then Over the period to about 12th May those on hold received mixture of offers and rejections with a definite flurry of offers from the beginning of May. Which isnt that bad when southampton offer holder day isnt until 27 April anyway. Then at that point (isnt it 15 May or something) rest on hold rejected through ucas and some (cant tell if all) then asked if they wanted to go on Waitlist but couldnt if holding another med school offer at that point I think. Of those some got offers into June which was really lovely to read their posts after such a long wait. Didnt read as far as results day.
So still cant tell some will be rejected but some will get the happiest news at the end of an incredibly ling wait. We still have no idea!!!

Hi, is everyone getting put on hold or are there also rejections being given out?
Reply 751
Original post by KanzaBeanz
Hi, is everyone getting put on hold or are there also rejections being given out?

In the past 2 cycles, Leicester gave offers to those with the highest interview scores and rejected those with the lowest interview scores early.. Those whose scores were in between were put on hold. Depending on the decision of the early offer holders, Leicester then decides how further offers to give. It is very likely that Leicester will give more offers than last year because she has raised the offer to A*AA and last cycle, Leicester had to go into clearing to recruit more students for medicine because of giving out too few offers.
Is there an offer holders chat or anything?
Original post by edanharvey

please would you ask @reubenn05 and allow him a few days to do it
as it’s holiday now
( he very kindly has just created one for another medical school)
Original post by NGKT
In the past 2 cycles, Leicester gave offers to those with the highest interview scores and rejected those with the lowest interview scores early.. Those whose scores were in between were put on hold. Depending on the decision of the early offer holders, Leicester then decides how further offers to give. It is very likely that Leicester will give more offers than last year because she has raised the offer to A*AA and last cycle, Leicester had to go into clearing to recruit more students for medicine because of giving out too few offers.

Ok thanks!
Original post by edanharvey

link to offer holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7445474
Reply 756
HI, my daughter still not hear anything, any idea? ‘Home applicant’

Is anyone still waiting?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
What is Leicester's contextual offer btw? For any contextuals who've received the offer?
Reply 758
Hi everyone, is there still someone not heared anything? Thanks
Original post by Ratd
HI, my daughter still not hear anything, any idea? ‘Home applicant’
Is anyone still waiting?

just in case, could you check your spam folder, I found my email there today (was sent abt 5 days ago tho)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending