The Student Room Group

Official: University of Birmingham A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

people who have an offer - is the offer holder day online? i'm thinking surely not but when I go onto their page through the link they put on the email they only have one option which is an online offer-holders event from 17:30-19:00???
Original post by user93294982209
people who have an offer - is the offer holder day online? i'm thinking surely not but when I go onto their page through the link they put on the email they only have one option which is an online offer-holders event from 17:30-19:00???

I booked mine soon after getting me offer, I’ve got an in person one on the 20th April at the medical school.
Original post by user93294982209

This issue seems to be popping up now. When I got my offer, I was able to book onto the in-person offer holdery day on 20th April like most people who got offers around that time. However, it seems that all thee places for that day have been booked so Birmingham have introduced the online day instead. I’m not sure if they will be rearranging another day for those who’ve not managed to book on, but surely, seeing the number of offers they make, they should have more than one offer holder day… surely? Perhaps try contacting them and ask regarding this.
We are trying to contact them about this - they should really have enough spaces for all the offer holders. To add to this: medicine doesn’t have an admissions phone number so you have to email them!
(edited 1 month ago)
For the Kays Medical website, has anyone received a link yet for the questionnaire? I registered last Tuesday
Original post by oddchocolate05
For the Kays Medical website, has anyone received a link yet for the questionnaire? I registered last Tuesday

Nope, not yet, mine has been a week as well
For anyone who's applied for accom already, could you explain what they mean by the booking a room process where you pick a room after results day? Does this mean we get to pick from any accomodation or will submitting your preference later put you at a disadvantage with less choice?
Reply 1007
For anyone who's applied for accom already, could you explain what they mean by the booking a room process where you pick a room after results day? Does this mean we get to pick from any accomodation or will submitting your preference later put you at a disadvantage with less choice?

It works 1st come 1st serve basis. So as you firm your choice apply for accom. You have only the option is to provide the price range and what kind of a room you are looking for. We have no preferencen on which hall that will be randomly selected .
Original post by Az83
It works 1st come 1st serve basis. So as you firm your choice apply for accom. You have only the option is to provide the price range and what kind of a room you are looking for. We have no preferencen on which hall that will be randomly selected .

I think it's different this year. I looked on last year's A100 TSR thread and apparently it's not first come first serve and the whole idea is to gauge demand for each accomodation but after results, you get a link to select the exact room you want - so it's supposed to be fairer? I'm just wondering do you need to firm first before applying for accomodation or can i apply first because Im still waiting to hear back from one more uni before I can firm/insure. And since I'm plannign on firming UoB I should have a guaranteed 1st year place for accom?
Sorry for the questions I feel like a lot of it is up to you to figure out!!

I submitted my application for accomodation and to check it HAS submitted I went back onto 'Applications' but it says 'continue' although I did submit it. Has anyone else got this issue?
Reply 1010
I think it's different this year. I looked on last year's A100 TSR thread and apparently it's not first come first serve and the whole idea is to gauge demand for each accomodation but after results, you get a link to select the exact room you want - so it's supposed to be fairer? I'm just wondering do you need to firm first before applying for accomodation or can i apply first because Im still waiting to hear back from one more uni before I can firm/insure. And since I'm plannign on firming UoB I should have a guaranteed 1st year place for accom?
Sorry for the questions I feel like a lot of it is up to you to figure out!!

Actually I am not sure. As you need only the portico username and password to login to the accomodation portal I think you should be able to. The 1st come 1st serve was told to me directly from the accomodation reps so I don't know whether we will be given an option to select a room. I have friends at UCL who told they do not get to chose the Halls. So fo safe side I have submitted my accomodation application.
Hey has anyone heard of anyone doing med or just generally university and not staying in accommodation because I’ve decided to stay at home and just get the smol train from New Street or drive from my parents and now I’ve just realised that accommodation might have been the only way to befriend people and now I’m spiralling haha so just wondered if it was a commonly done thing
:smile:
(also I’m not sure what I’m replying too so this might be irrelevant to the thread)
Original post by flowernella
Hey has anyone heard of anyone doing med or just generally university and not staying in accommodation because I’ve decided to stay at home and just get the smol train from New Street or drive from my parents and now I’ve just realised that accommodation might have been the only way to befriend people and now I’m spiralling haha so just wondered if it was a commonly done thing
:smile:
(also I’m not sure what I’m replying too so this might be irrelevant to the thread)

Im going to be commuting from my house to uni. Ill be honest with you, you will make friends in your small group teaching sessions and also from people in societies and just your lectures. Think about it as joining a new secondary school lmao
Guys has anyone heard back from kays medical, ive made an account and am waiting for the questionare.
Original post by spicyketchup
Guys has anyone heard back from kays medical, ive made an account and am waiting for the questionare.

Yeah I have, but it did take a while to come out, and I’m pretty sure that the submission for it is some time away still. I wouldn’t stress too much, but if it is getting on a bit then maybe send them an email.
any updates with those on hold?
Do a lot of students commute UoB?
Original post by spicyketchup

wait so is this a completely separate email because i accepted my offer around wednesday ish and i havent heard back from kay’s medical
Original post by naimahx
wait so is this a completely separate email because i accepted my offer around wednesday ish and i havent heard back from kay’s medical

What is Kay's Medical?
Original post by kha7654
What is Kay's Medical?

i think ids some medical questionnaire but idek

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending