The Student Room Group

Official: University of Manchester A106 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi my stats are 2780 Band 2 with A*AA predicted and 7A* at GCSE. I am not WP or contextual. Is Manchester a good option for me?
Original post by humo99
Hi my stats are 2780 Band 2 with A*AA predicted and 7A* at GCSE. I am not WP or contextual. Is Manchester a good option for me?

cutoff was 2750 for home students, you may be ok. not the safest but if you fancy it its reasonable
Hi my ucat is 2740 band 2. 9A* 1A at GCSE and A*A*A predicted at a level. Is it possible to apply with my ucat?
Original post by username43218987
Hi my ucat is 2740 band 2. 9A* 1A at GCSE and A*A*A predicted at a level. Is it possible to apply with my ucat?

are you contextual? cut off for non contextual was 2750 last cycle so it would be a big big risk
Original post by h4nn4
are you contextual? cut off for non contextual was 2750 last cycle so it would be a big big risk

Thanks for your reply! I am not contextual. Do you know when Manchester will release their cut off score?
Original post by username43218987

I would say its possible, although cutoff is likely to go up a bit, if they still have their holistic route which seems to be missing of their page this year, you would be ok Idve thought. It is a risk though, not an unreasonable one but a risk nonetheless
Original post by h4nn4

may not increase as much as you think 😉
Original post by Chi chi5
I would say its possible, although cutoff is likely to go up a bit, if they still have their holistic route which seems to be missing of their page this year, you would be ok Idve thought. It is a risk though, not an unreasonable one but a risk nonetheless

may not increase as much as you think 😉

You’re right, it might not increase especially since they’re rejecting band 3 too BUT it seems like a big gamble to apply praying that the cut off stays the same or lowers than last cycle. This person could easily bag themselves a “guaranteed” interview else where. Just don’t wanna give them false hope about Manchester!
Original post by h4nn4
You’re right, it might not increase especially since they’re rejecting band 3 too BUT it seems like a big gamble to apply praying that the cut off stays the same or lowers than last cycle. This person could easily bag themselves a “guaranteed” interview else where. Just don’t wanna give them false hope about Manchester!

That’s a very wise and pragmatic approach, just wanted to clarify it wasn’t “very, very” risky. Applying there with 2600s down is what I’d classify as very very risky x
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 68
That’s a very wise and pragmatic approach, just wanted to clarify it wasn’t “very, very” risky. Applying there with 2600s down is what I’d classify as very very risky x

I don't think Manchester has holistic approach for Medicine this year.

Yeah i guess we can all use a bit of your optimism:h:

ps. applying with 2600s down isn't just risky, that's straight up asking for a pre interview rejection lol
Original post by h4nn4
Yeah i guess we can all use a bit of your optimism:h:

ps. applying with 2600s down isn't just risky, that's straight up asking for a pre interview rejection lol

haha hey anything can happen, sgul did go from 2710 to 2630!
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by skans101
I don't think Manchester has holistic approach for Medicine this year.

dont think they do anymore, thats why I didn't mention it 😉

omg I did mention it! lol sorry, but I did say IF they still have it x
(edited 6 months ago)
Hi, achieved grades AAA GCSEs: 99998877777 and UCAT: 2910 band 1
Will I definitely get an interview?
Reply 73
dont think they do anymore, thats why I didn't mention it 😉

Hi- did you manage to go to their open day? Did they say anything about the holistic approach or give more information on what they are exactly looking for on their NAIF?
Original post by Shslini
Hi- did you manage to go to their open day? Did they say anything about the holistic approach or give more information on what they are exactly looking for on their NAIF?

Hey i went to sguls open day yesterday
Signed up for Manchester on the 14th
Reply 75
Original post by reubenn05
cutoff was 2750 last year, so it would be unlikely to rise 100 points

Hi, do you have a rough idea about how much this year's UCAT threshold will rise?
Reply 76
is 2630 b1 too risky for WP+ applicants (contextual)?
Reply 77
Original post by epoch.ly
is 2630 b1 too risky for WP+ applicants (contextual)?

You can see recent cut offs here
https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/study/medicine/apply/data/
Reply 78
Original post by jellyf1sh
Hi, I'm planning on applying to Manchester for medicine, and I saw on their website that they require you to fill in a non academic information form. The first subheading is experience in a caring role, and it said to not include medical shadowing. But aside from volunteering in a charity shop, I don't have any experiences of volunteering at a care home or anything. What would I write in this section then? I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me, thanks!

Please can you send me a link
Reply 79
Original post by 05zma
Hi, got ucat score of 2810 b2, and good gcses, is it a good idea to apply to manny for intv

and also i am only WP not contextual

yeah i have the same stats but i am not WP and also an international student. can i apply to Manchester as a reach or dream?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending