The Student Room Group

University of Manchester A101 2024 Entry

Anyone else applied for the new Manchester GEM course? How are you finding completing the NAIF?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@_Rusty_ @KA_P @04MR17 tagging you so this thread can be added to the index :smile:
Original post by JadeN92
@_Rusty_ @KA_P @04MR17 tagging you so this thread can be added to the index :smile:

Added now
Reply 3
Original post by JadeN92
Anyone else applied for the new Manchester GEM course? How are you finding completing the NAIF?

Hey, I have applied too!
Reply 4
Original post by fencedraft
Hey, I have applied too!

Me too :smile: Any ideas about when we’re gonna hear back about interviews ?
Reply 5
Original post by amaniiii98
Me too :smile: Any ideas about when we’re gonna hear back about interviews ?

No idea! It is a new course so nothing from the previous years to compare it to unfortunately
Reply 6
Hi fellow applicants! yes we are sailing through uncharted waters here, we'll just have to wait and see I guess! I'm keeping an eye on the A100 chat and hoping we all hear back around the same time
Reply 7
They've started sending out A106 invites! Fingers crossed we hear back soon 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by BrainyBee
They've started sending out A100 invites! Fingers crossed we hear back soon 🙂

Just received mine 106
Reply 9
Received mine A101 :smile:
Interview invite for A101!!!
Received mine A101
Reply 12
received an interview !!
Reply 13
Me too 🙂
Hello! My daughter applied to A101 and also A106. She received an interview yesterday, which she’s over the moon about, but it doesn’t specify whether it’s A101 or A106..? Any idea how it works or is everyone in the dark because the A101 is new?!
Reply 15
Original post by Beccaboo19
Hello! My daughter applied to A101 and also A106. She received an interview yesterday, which she’s over the moon about, but it doesn’t specify whether it’s A101 or A106..? Any idea how it works or is everyone in the dark because the A101 is new?!

im on the same boat im not sure if mine is a101 or a106!
Reply 16
Hi guys I have also received an interview but can everyone post their stats! my UCAT is 2920 B1 predicted 1st in my degree
Original post by Maha_127
im on the same boat im not sure if mine is a101 or a106!

Ok that’s good! Did you tick both 101 and 106 when you chose your interview slot??
Reply 18
Original post by Beccaboo19

I'm in a similar situation - I only applied to A101 on UCAS but when I completed the non-academic information form, I also ticked the box that said 'Do you wish to be considered for A106?'. However, there only seems to be one interview booking website for everyone since they asked you to tick the course that you applied for, so my guess is that they'll interview everyone generally, and then consider you for both courses, rather than there being a separate interview for A101 and A106.

But I definitely feel your frustration, I would love to know specifically if my application was strong enough for A101 alone as this would obviously be much better! Their interview booking website also makes it really unclear as to whether there is a separate cut off for grad entry & standard entry medicine - I am slightly worried that I have only met the cut off for standard entry, but wouldn't know this until the outcome.

I might phone admissions next week & ask for some clarification on this, I'll let you know how I get on.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by ess1213
I'm in a similar situation - I only applied to A101 on UCAS but when I completed the non-academic information form, I also ticked the box that said 'Do you wish to be considered for A106?'. However, there only seems to be one interview booking website for everyone since they asked you to tick the course that you applied for, so my guess is that they'll interview everyone generally, and then consider you for both courses, rather than there being a separate interview for A101 and A106.

But I definitely feel your frustration, I would love to know specifically if my application was strong enough for A101 alone as this would obviously be much better! Their interview booking website also makes it really unclear as to whether there is a separate cut off for grad entry & standard entry medicine - I am slightly worried that I have only met the cut off for standard entry, but wouldn't know this until the outcome.

I might phone admissions next week & ask for some clarification on this, I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you, if you could let us know? 👌🏼
We were told at the open day that you could apply to 106 as well as 101. They told us to email the admissions office, which we did, and we received a prompt confirmation email.
I was expecting the interview invite to specify, as it did with Newcastle, but they didn’t. Possibly due to it being new this year? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending