The Student Room Group

Official: University of Sheffield A100 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greatdogs2005
Does sheffuse ucat post interview?

Only sjt
Reply 21
Original post by a.aleesha
I qualify for Newcastle PARTNERS so am I correct in saying I'll get a lower UCAT cutoff? Otherwise yes I agree their standard cutoff is risky for me. No band 1, I've got Band 2 :frown: and no contextual for Bham so I'm likely too low for them as I'll only score 8.056 I think. Currently thinking of sticking to Manchester Newcastle Leeds and Leicester. I score 59.5 for Leicester, I know this was last years cutoff so is this too risky? I've heard something abt their cutoff coming down due to the separation of 8s and 9s when scoring from this year? Thank you so much!

You’d definitely be safe for Newcastle PARTNERS, the cutoff was 2700 last year and has actually gone down the past few years. I’m applying with 2720 and know a few people applying with 2670-2700
Reply 22
Original post by rh1209
You’d definitely be safe for Newcastle PARTNERS, the cutoff was 2700 last year and has actually gone down the past few years. I’m applying with 2720 and know a few people applying with 2670-2700

Newcastle have this rather dodgy habit of publishing the lowest UCAT they interviewed at any point, even when this was done after the close of the standard UCAS cycle.
Cut offs when initial interviews were sent out were higher for both Partners and standard entry, but after decision day, they went back to people earlier rejected and offered them an interview. But lots of people between the original cut off and the final one already had offers elsewhere, so if they had been included, the final cut off would have been higher than the one they show, I suspect
Reply 23
Hello!

I am a current 3rd year student predicted 1st in my science degree and would like to apply for the A100 course. My UCAT is 2920 B1 and GCSEs 99988887 A levels AAB. I was wondering if applying here would be a safe option. My other choices are Southampton A101, Warwick A101, Leicester A100.
When do you think Sheffield will start giving out invitations?
Reply 25
Original post by crystaltree

Week commencing 13th November, if they go by previous years patterns.

They get the UCAT results on the 3rd and a bit of time for sorting etc. They are pretty quick after that normally.
Reply 26

Hmmm last year the first invites were emailed out on 18th November so I reckon probably around then as the first interviews are on 4th Dec…
Reply 27
Original post by GGIN
Week commencing 13th November, if they go by previous years patterns.

They get the UCAT results on the 3rd and a bit of time for sorting etc. They are pretty quick after that normally.

I was wondering when they receive the UCAT results. Thanks!
Original post by Alicat999
I was wondering when they receive the UCAT results. Thanks!

Did they get the ucas application on 16th October and following that do they get the UCAT result ?
Reply 29
Did they get the ucas application on 16th October and following that do they get the UCAT result ?

Yes, the unis you applied to will have received your UCAS application first, whenever you submitted your application. UCAT then submit results to universities “early November”.
Reply 30
Any ideas when interviews will be sent out this year?

Think last year it was the 19th Nov but that falls on a Sunday this year
Original post by VeeOMGlob
Any ideas when interviews will be sent out this year?

Think last year it was the 19th Nov but that falls on a Sunday this year

13th nov??
Reply 32
13th nov??

if it is, good luck everyone 🙂
They have nt published their UCAT cut off yet..looking at previous threads they seem to do that first.

🤞
Does Sheffield do full body dissections still or has it changed?
Reply 35
Original post by circusqueen
They have nt published their UCAT cut off yet..looking at previous threads they seem to do that first.

🤞

Got impatient 😅 and called admissions today. They said interview invites will go out on either Thursday (16th) or Friday (17th)
Got impatient 😅 and called admissions today. They said interview invites will go out on either Thursday (16th) or Friday (17th)

Thank you for letting us know! Did they say when the UCAT cutoff would be announced?
Reply 37
Original post by Medicmum0808
Thank you for letting us know! Did they say when the UCAT cutoff would be announced?

Usually about an hour or so before the invite offers issue if the same as previous years.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 38

Does everyone get an invite on the same day or do some people have to wait a while?
Original post by 22lpl
Does everyone get an invite on the same day or do some people have to wait a while?

According to previous threads, it's all been at once.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending