The Student Room Group

Official: University of Sheffield A100 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by cleverbunny6
I’ve been told that at the open day in June the director of admissions said that this will be the first year that they will not be giving out the questions in advance

Good
It was a complete nonsense giving them out in advance
You want to see which candidates can think on their feet
Not which have the best help at preparing the best answers
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 81
So is 2890 the cut off?

Anyone below 2890 with an interview?
Anyone 2890+ still waiting to hear?
Reply 82
Son got an interview. UCAT 2940 B2. Booked for 18 Jan 🤞🏻.
Reply 83
Original post by abc210
Do you know where we can find previous years questions?

People cannot disclose interview questions
Original post by Medpapa
So is 2890 the cut off?

Anyone below 2890 with an interview?
Anyone 2890+ still waiting to hear?

It’s definitely at least 2890 cos I’m not contextual
im an international student and I got an interview offer, booked for 1st feb !!!
Reply 86
Original post by Medpapa
Good
It was a complete nonsense giving them out in advance
You want to see which candidates can think on their feet
Not which have the best help at preparing the best answers

called to ask for everyone- interview qs no longer being sent out but a general idea of the stations will now be provided instead! just prep well and you should be fine x
Reply 87
Got an interview invite this morning, non contextual etc. UCAT-2700 band 2
Original post by Medpapa
That’s well below last years standard cut off (2850) so if this is genuine you must be contextual even if you don’t know it.

in fact if you aren’t contextual why would you have applied to Sheffield with 2700?
Doesn’t make sense to me…..
And I note this is your first TSR post from this account. Others can draw their own conclusions as to the validity of your post.

someone at my school got an invite with 2600, i saw the actual email invite and everything, and they're non-contextual. sheffield doesn't operate a lower contextual cutoff anyway, unless they have started this yr.
Reply 89
Original post by reubenn05
someone at my school got an invite with 2600, i saw the actual email invite and everything, and they're non-contextual. sheffield doesn't operate a lower contextual cutoff anyway, unless they have started this yr.

Sheffield has operated a purely ucat cut off system to date.

As Sheffield traditionally let candidates know the cut off we should know soon enough.

But I very much doubt that all candidates with 2600+ are getting interviews
Got an interview!
3100+ UCAT score
Interview offer for my daughter - 2900 B1 🥳
Reply 92
Original post by tayIorsver
im an international student and I got an interview offer, booked for 1st feb !!!

Is it online or in person? Were dates only available in Feb or earlier in Dec/Jan were also available?
Reply 93
Original post by Medpapa
Sheffield has operated a purely ucat cut off system to date.

As Sheffield traditionally let candidates know the cut off we should know soon enough.

But I very much doubt that all candidates with 2600+ are getting interviews

It does seem low compared to previous years. But as its the first full cycle since Julian left so new Med dir, so perhaps a few things are different. No advance notice of questions for example ! No publication of UCAT cut off prior to interview invite issue.

Also maybe fewer people applied ? Even so 2700 and 2600 do seem low in comparison to previous years. Good luck to them. Lots of people will be kicking themselves that they didn't risk it in that case !

Also, seem to be fewer people saying ints received?
Reply 94
Original post by GGIN
It does seem low compared to previous years. But as its the first full cycle since Julian left so new Med dir, so perhaps a few things are different. No advance notice of questions for example ! No publication of UCAT cut off prior to interview invite issue.

Also maybe fewer people applied ? Even so 2700 and 2600 do seem low in comparison to previous years. Good luck to them. Lots of people will be kicking themselves that they didn't risk it in that case !

Also, seem to be fewer people saying ints received?

Let’s not kid ourselves

The Sheffield cut off is probably 2890

Those posting genuine ucat scores which are significantly lower than Sheffield has been for years are almost certainly contextual.

There are lots of contextual flags.
Some may not wish to share they have them
Others may genuinely not be aware they have them.

If your theory is correct where are all the rest of the missing scores?

Lots posting 2890+ scores
And a relative few posting significantly lower.
Lower scores (until 2500) are more common not less common. So to argue that those low scores are representative of a lower cut off is an argument divorced from reality. Both the reality of the posts seen today (almost all have been 2890+) and the reality of previous evidence.
(edited 5 months ago)
Another 2890 band 2 here invited to interview.
Maybe by skin of teeth!! Non contextual.
Reply 96
Original post by Medpapa
That’s well below last years standard cut off (2850) so if this is genuine you must be contextual even if you don’t know it.

in fact if you aren’t contextual why would you have applied to Sheffield with 2700?
Doesn’t make sense to me…..
And I note this is your first TSR post from this account. Others can draw their own conclusions as to the validity of your post.

Hi Thankyou for your reply, I’m happy to provide proof of UCAT and interview invite if you would like. The reason that was my first post is that is the first interview invite I have received so up to now had no other reason to post on TSR. As you say about the high cut off for last year compared to my score it can only come down to me being unaware that I fall under contextual circumstances.

I will let others draw their conclusion on the validity of my post following this reply.

Regards
Original post by Academi
Hi Thankyou for your reply, I’m happy to provide proof of UCAT and interview invite if you would like. The reason that was my first post is that is the first interview invite I have received so up to now had no other reason to post on TSR. As you say about the high cut off for last year compared to my score it can only come down to me being unaware that I fall under contextual circumstances.

I will let others draw their conclusion on the validity of my post following this reply.

Regards

please don’t post anything from the university re your application
( ie don’t ever breach your own privacy- we at TSR can’t speculate
all we can do is wish you luck and an offer!)
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Academi

Regards

I believe u I got slightly less than u and got an invite well done to us all the best 👍
Reply 99
Original post by Academi

Regards

Yes
We don’t need to see it
But there are so many contextual factors it’s almost certainly one of those
There are other posting strangely low scores too.
But the confluence of scores is 2890+
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending