The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 2026_helia
Thanks! How do you know I have a good shot??

Well for SGUL u are above their last year's UCAT cut off and have great achieved grades which meet their entry requirements. KMMS is a bit weird since they contextualise GCSEs based on your school's performance. However Keele just ensure u have a good personal statement and u will be fine since u meet their entry requirements and they have a very low UCAT cut off. Liverpool as well u are above their last year's UCAT cut off and strong achieved grades...
I have at least 70 hours in person volunteering, I have worked at a job for 3 months full time in a hospital (but no direct patient contact as admin), Ive done work experience from 2019 until this year at different places eg for 2 weeks/ 1 day/ 2 weeks, etc, beside from the 3 months paid work. I’m also applying for volunteering in a care home outside my home but I know aplications close on the fifteenth oct.

you need 80+ hours in a caring/helping capacity for sunderland, unless they change it this year. keele looks good, as long as your ps matches their spec.
Original post by reubenn05
you need 80+ hours in a caring/helping capacity for sunderland, unless they change it this year. keele looks good, as long as your ps matches their spec.

Ok I’ll make sure to get in to volunteering with the care home near me and before I submit the application it will be more than 80 hours.

Question, do you have to specify how many hours you’ve done in the PS for Sunderland?

By the way, thank you so much for helping me out.
Ok I’ll make sure to get in to volunteering with the care home near me and before I submit the application it will be more than 80 hours.

Question, do you have to specify how many hours you’ve done in the PS for Sunderland?

By the way, thank you so much for helping me out.

nwrs !! for sunderland, you do a 250 word submission about your volunteering, separate to your ps, in which you put down your hours.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by reubenn05
nwrs !! for sunderland, you do a 250 word submission about your volunteering, separate to your ps, in which you put down your hours.

Oh perfect thank you!! Have a great day :biggrin:
Have the selection for interview changed from 2023 cycle? I think GCSE’s were scored along with ucat last year but think I’ve read ‘somewhere’ but can’t find it that it may be ucat only this year….

Thanks in advance!
Reply 26
Original post by EmilyMcMillan
Have the selection for interview changed from 2023 cycle? I think GCSE’s were scored along with ucat last year but think I’ve read ‘somewhere’ but can’t find it that it may be ucat only this year….

Thanks in advance!

I think the 2024 admissions policy is uploaded on their website
Reply 27
Hi ucat 2690 - do you think that might be ok to apply to Liverpool?
Reply 28
Got all 9s at GCSE but 2640 B2 UCAT. Can I still apply to Liverpool?
Original post by Ibs_ash
Got all 9s at GCSE but 2640 B2 UCAT. Can I still apply to Liverpool?

cutoff was 2660 last year, so would be risky
Reply 30
I saw online somewhere that 2620 was a competitive score last year, is that wrong?
Original post by Ibs_ash
I saw online somewhere that 2620 was a competitive score last year, is that wrong?

yes that is wrong, considering that score is lower than the cutoff
Reply 32
I have a 2690 UCAT and band 2 is it worth applying to Liverpool this year?
My GCSEs are 9999998886
Also is cutoff for interview or for to be ranked for interview selection?
Reply 33
hi i have a ucat of 2990 band 1
gcses 999999998 (8 in english language)
predicted A* A* A in biology chemistry and spanish
could i get an interview offer here?
Original post by m3131
hi i have a ucat of 2990 band 1
gcses 999999998 (8 in english language)
predicted A* A* A in biology chemistry and spanish
could i get an interview offer here?

yes, you will have options with a better interview offer ratio though
Reply 35
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to? I am non contextual
Original post by a17006
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to? I am non contextual

should be ok, cutoff was 2660 last year
Hi there,

Glad to see so many people considering studying at the University of Liverpool!

If you gave any questions about the University or the city then feel free to let me know :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi

Would it be a good idea to apply to Liverpool as I'm really struggling to pick my 4th option with my internal deadline approaching :/ (have decided on QUB, Keele, Sunderland)
I had originally decided on cardiff, leicester or aston but cardiff favours welsh students, and for leicester i'd probably be below the cut off. aston apparently is also not a good option because i've heard that they use 70% UCAT score or something similar post-interview, so its more difficult to pass the interview with a lower ucat and have less places available? not sure about this though. The main issue with liverpool is the risk of being below the cut off, but it's seeming like it's my only option left.
non-contextual
9999999998 (8 is in maths) at gcse
A*A*A* predictions - Chemistry Biology, Psychology
also have a ucat annotation but i'm not sure if this makes much of a difference (only lost 49 seconds but test was frozen for 8 mins)
UCAT: 2680 b2
WE- part time work in restaurant/shop, shadowing, tutoring with school, recently started volunteering at local blind association etc.

Thank you
Liverpool is an excellent medical school. They have revamped the course in the last few years and have invested a lot of funds in the facilities and staff recruitment. The quality of the hospitals for the placements is amazing and as good as any in the country I feel. The students are generally well supported and most are well satisfied with the training. Of course, like any other uni, there are annoying aspects. But all in all, I think Liverpool has a lot to offer and the city is superb (and cheap).

First year - cover the medical sciences and a system based investigation of how the body works normally. Anatomy teaching (prepared specimens) and clinical skills are taught weekly. You are divided into small groups for weekly cbl case based sessions.
Lectures, cbl sessions, anatomy classes, clinical skills classes. Lot of focus on soft skills which is a Liverpool strength.

Year 2 - placements start. Medical sciences studying what happens to the body in abnormal circumstances.

Year 3-5
Placements throughout.
Each placement is supported by cbl sessions and lectures relevant to the placement prior to the placement starting.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending