The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Glad to see so many people considering studying at the University of Liverpool!

If you gave any questions about the University or the city then feel free to let me know :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Hi,
Do contextual candidates for Medicine at Liverpool
get any percentage lift on UCAT score ? Thks
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Glad to see so many people considering studying at the University of Liverpool!

If you gave any questions about the University or the city then feel free to let me know :smile:

Hi Malachy
Please may I check if Liverpool make offers purely based on interview performance or also take anything else on the application into account? Is the personal statement considered for the interview please? Looking forward to open day. Many thanks
Reply 42
Original post by Mum493
Hi Malachy
Please may I check if Liverpool make offers purely based on interview performance or also take anything else on the application into account? Is the personal statement considered for the interview please? Looking forward to open day. Many thanks

As per the Departmental Supplement on the website
"It is usual that, unless issues of concern have been raised, the overall interviewscores are ranked, and the top-scoring applicants are made an offer. In making borderline decisions, it may be necessary to make offers based on the combination of academic achievement/potential, admissions testing, the interview score of the applicant or other contextual information."

Everyone thinking of applying should read this document carefully :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
As per the Departmental Supplement on the website
"It is usual that, unless issues of concern have been raised, the overall interviewscores are ranked, and the top-scoring applicants are made an offer. In making borderline decisions, it may be necessary to make offers based on the combination of academic achievement/potential, admissions testing, the interview score of the applicant or other contextual information."

Everyone thinking of applying should read this document carefully :smile:

Thank you very much
Original post by Mum493
Hi Malachy

Hi there,

I see that GANFYD has usefully replied about this question. I would agree with him that to read the admission process document very carefully, as all the policies and procedures are outlined there detail.

Best of luck in your application.

Original post by HopefulHarry
Hi,
Do contextual candidates for Medicine at Liverpool
get any percentage lift on UCAT score ? Thks

Hi there,

I wouldn't be able to advice on this sorry. Often these decisions are taken on a case-by-case basis, if you have a particular characteristic which would lead to you being categorised as a contextual candidate I would advice you to get in touch with the admission team to see if there are any differences in the applicant/offer making processes for you.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one, but best of luck in your applications.

Hi

My understanding is that Liverpool rank by UCAT. Can someone please explain the statement below from the Departmental Supplement that TAGs in 2021 had an impact on the UCAT cut-offs for E2022 and E2023. Is the principle that those with higher GCSEs had a higher UCAT score?

“For E2021 we used a different approach to UCAT, but for Home applicants a competitive score in the 2018-19 admissions cycle was 2420; the score in 2019-20 was 2400, for E2022 2620 and for E2023 2660. Teacher Assessed Grades awarded in 2021 is thought to have affected the UCAT score for E2022 and E2023.”

Does this statement suggest that the UCAT cutoff may fall this year? If so, any early thoughts on what it might be please?

Many thanks !
Reply 47
Original post by Alison Andrews
Hi

My understanding is that Liverpool rank by UCAT. Can someone please explain the statement below from the Departmental Supplement that TAGs in 2021 had an impact on the UCAT cut-offs for E2022 and E2023. Is the principle that those with higher GCSEs had a higher UCAT score?

“For E2021 we used a different approach to UCAT, but for Home applicants a competitive score in the 2018-19 admissions cycle was 2420; the score in 2019-20 was 2400, for E2022 2620 and for E2023 2660. Teacher Assessed Grades awarded in 2021 is thought to have affected the UCAT score for E2022 and E2023.”

Does this statement suggest that the UCAT cutoff may fall this year? If so, any early thoughts on what it might be please?

Many thanks !

I think that is what they are trying to suggest, but TAGs had no effect in UCAT cut offs and application numbers in general actually dropped from the year before. They just don't want people to be put off applying.
I think the historically lower requiring UCAT unis will gain a lot of people put off applying from those with ridiculous UCAT cut offs (I suspect Sheffield will drop!), so do not see things changing much unless Liverpool interview more people
Hi, I keep seeing that Liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio, but cant actually find any info giving the exact numbers for 2022/23 admission. Does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks
Reply 49
Original post by Hhhhhh558
Hi, I keep seeing that Liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio, but cant actually find any info giving the exact numbers for 2022/23 admission. Does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks

They interviewed 1988 applicants for 2023 entry and 601 received an offer. I have asked them how many of these were deferred offers and they they have sent this request to their FOI department.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Shslini
They interviewed 1988 applicants for 2023 entry and 601 received an offer. I have asked them how many of these were deferred offers and they they have sent this request to their FOI department.

Thanks for this info. 30%, not tooo bad i guess.
Reply 51
Hi, I got 2700 B2,
IGCSEs with 7A*s and 3As,
achieved A-level grades of AAA with A* in EPQ.
Do I stand a good chance at getting interviewed?
Original post by joss898989
Hi, I got 2700 B2,
IGCSEs with 7A*s and 3As,
achieved A-level grades of AAA with A* in EPQ.
Do I stand a good chance at getting interviewed?

Id say it’s a risk for Liverpool, the cut off last year was 2660 and the year before 2620 so it depends how much it jumps up and wether you’re willing to take that risk?
Do Liverpool offer any lower ucat requirements if you have already achieved A level grades? I have achieved 3 A at A level, 7A* 2B at gcse and I am currently on a gap year. However I only managed to get 2650 B2 in my ucat and I am wondering if Liverpool is a viable option.
Reply 54
Ucat 2690, band 2.. would it be too risky applying to Liverpool?
Reply 55
Original post by Mjohnston04
Do Liverpool offer any lower ucat requirements if you have already achieved A level grades? I have achieved 3 A at A level, 7A* 2B at gcse and I am currently on a gap year. However I only managed to get 2650 B2 in my ucat and I am wondering if Liverpool is a viable option.

They will possibly lower the GCSE score required, but it does not make a difference to the UCAT cut off
Reply 56
Hi everyone. I got 2610 B2 😢
GCSEs - 99986
Access to HE Diploma which the University have told me they will accept (Achieved)

Within their departmental supplement, it states that those offering approved Access to HE Diplomas are usually given special consideration in the selection process. I know my UCAT score means that it will very risky applying, as a competitive score for 2023 was 2660. Do you think I stand any chance of being invited to interview?

*** I will also be completing Liverpools on-line applicant form to declare my extenuating circumstances
Reply 57
Hi,
Would Liverpool be a safe choice with a UCAT score of 2730 and GCSE scores of 9 9 9 9 (Math, Phy, Chem, Bio) 8 8 (English language, literature) 7 (Art & Design) 6 (Music)? Predicted A*A*A in A-levels
Original post by Maddy.Ray
Hi,
Would Liverpool be a safe choice with a UCAT score of 2730 and GCSE scores of 9 9 9 9 (Math, Phy, Chem, Bio) 8 8 (English language, literature) 7 (Art & Design) 6 (Music)? Predicted A*A*A in A-levels

should be fine, cutoff was 2660 last year
Reply 59
Original post by reubenn05
should be fine, cutoff was 2660 last year

Many thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending