Let's see how this goes
Reply 61
Original post by patpatpong
Achieved A*A*A* and A* EPQ, All 8's and 9's in gcse

Ucat: 3000B1

However, i am a first year uni student.

Let's see how this goes

Have you checked they are ok with that, as the Departmental Supplement states:
"Applicants who are currently registered on a degree programme should finish their degree prior to applying to the medical programme or be in the final year of their degree programme (i.e. applying as a graduate applicant). It is unlikely that we would consider applicants who have failed to complete previous degrees or who have withdrawn from other medicine programmes"?
would a ucat of 2710 band 1 be too risky?
Original post by GANFYD
Have you checked they are ok with that, as the Departmental Supplement states:
"Applicants who are currently registered on a degree programme should finish their degree prior to applying to the medical programme or be in the final year of their degree programme (i.e. applying as a graduate applicant). It is unlikely that we would consider applicants who have failed to complete previous degrees or who have withdrawn from other medicine programmes"?

I have emailed to check with no response yet. However, I know someone who did that last year who got an interview
Reply 64
Original post by GANFYD
I think that is what they are trying to suggest, but TAGs had no effect in UCAT cut offs and application numbers in general actually dropped from the year before. They just don't want people to be put off applying.
I think the historically lower requiring UCAT unis will gain a lot of people put off applying from those with ridiculous UCAT cut offs (I suspect Sheffield will drop!), so do not see things changing much unless Liverpool interview more people

wow. sheffield did drop their ucat cut off
Reply 65
Original post by ananyya
wow. sheffield did drop their ucat cut off

Sheffield will not release their UCAT cut off for a couple of months yet
Reply 66
Got a score of 2710 B2 is Liverpool risky?
Original post by AdishreeR
Got a score of 2710 B2 is Liverpool risky?

shouldn't be risky
Reply 68
Original post by GANFYD
Sheffield will not release their UCAT cut off for a couple of months yet

didnt they? in their website it mentions the ucat cutoff for 2024 as 2440
Original post by ananyya
didnt they? in their website it mentions the ucat cutoff for 2024 as 2440

that just means any applications below 2440 will be instantly rejected before ranking the scores, so it's not the actual ucat threshold, which will be determined when all the ucat scores are ranked
Hi, do you think I would get an interview
GCSEs: 9999988887
A levels (predicted): A*A*A*
UCAT: 2670 B2
Reply 71
Original post by tiaraoluwani
Hi, do you think I would get an interview
GCSEs: 9999988887
A levels (predicted): A*A*A*
UCAT: 2670 B2

Cut off was 2660 last year
When’s the earliest you would start receiving interview invites?
Reply 73
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was 2660 last year

Will it not stay the same/decrease? As less people take the ucat this year and 2660 has stayed as the 70th percentile.
Reply 74
Original post by charlieb4
Will it not stay the same/decrease? As less people take the ucat this year and 2660 has stayed as the 70th percentile.

Depends if people apply more strategically. If lots of people with 2700+ decide SGUL, UEA, Sheffield, Soton, Manchester and all the others that used to sit in that UCAT region are too risky, so will add a "safe" choice of a lower scoring UCAT uni, then it may go up!
Reply 75
I keep hearing people saying liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio but aside from in 2021 when they deliberately reduced number of offers made due to TAGs, from all the information I can see through FOIs isn't it actually closer to the 30-45% mark??, give or take a few depending on the year. How come people say that Liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio then when actually it's numbers are similar to other places or am I missing something?? In fact the percentage interviewed who received an offer in the pre-covid years looks to be closer to 50%

If there's any other places which are known to have low interview to offer ratios could I also be told of these places too please, would be greatly appreciated
Reply 76
Original post by aaasdfg
I keep hearing people saying liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio but aside from in 2021 when they deliberately reduced number of offers made due to TAGs, from all the information I can see through FOIs isn't it actually closer to the 30-45% mark??, give or take a few depending on the year. How come people say that Liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio then when actually it's numbers are similar to other places or am I missing something?? In fact the percentage interviewed who received an offer in the pre-covid years looks to be closer to 50%

If there's any other places which are known to have low interview to offer ratios could I also be told of these places too please, would be greatly appreciated

In the pre-covid years, many med schools had an interview to offer ratio around 65-80%, so Liverpool were lower even then, but their couple of disastrous years have been due to bad planning round CAGs and TAGs and they are certainly not the only ones guilty of that!
Reply 77
Original post by GANFYD
In the pre-covid years, many med schools had an interview to offer ratio around 65-80%, so Liverpool were lower even then, but their couple of disastrous years have been due to bad planning round CAGs and TAGs and they are certainly not the only ones guilty of that!

Damn okay that sort of explains things then. Has it literally always been the case that Liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio then? Lower compared to other schools across all years generally?

I thought that yes the ratio was low in recent times but surely it'll rise back up in line with other places now that we are essentially out of the covid times - but if you say that converting the interview to an offer in Liverpool is hard, harder than other places, I think I'll just pick another school before I send off my application.
Reply 78
Original post by aaasdfg
Damn okay that sort of explains things then. Has it literally always been the case that Liverpool has a low interview to offer ratio then? Lower compared to other schools across all years generally?

I thought that yes the ratio was low in recent times but surely it'll rise back up in line with other places now that we are essentially out of the covid times - but if you say that converting the interview to an offer in Liverpool is hard, harder than other places, I think I'll just pick another school before I send off my application.

Most of the lower UCAT requiring med schools interview more people - it is how they keep the cut off down! But that means a lower conversion to offer, usually.
My feeling is you have to be in it to win it, and getting an interview is a key step, so if Liverpool is a reasonably sure bet and other places are risky, go with Liverpool. But if you have lots of options, I might factor it in to decision making
Reply 79
Original post by GANFYD
Most of the lower UCAT requiring med schools interview more people - it is how they keep the cut off down! But that means a lower conversion to offer, usually.
My feeling is you have to be in it to win it, and getting an interview is a key step, so if Liverpool is a reasonably sure bet and other places are risky, go with Liverpool. But if you have lots of options, I might factor it in to decision making

Yh I've got other options as I've got a high UCAT, guess I'll move on from Liverpool I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending