The Student Room Group

bills

hello,

i'm moving into a new house this thursday and was wondering how much people usually pay for their water bill per month?

my rent is £300 pcm, and my gas and electric bill is fixed to £165 pcm and wifi is £27 (i split both rent and bills between 3 of my friends, so any figure gets divided by 4 and everyone pays their share each month) but i'm wondering how much would my water bill be roughly? obviously, it'll probably be different monthly as ours isn't fixed and is just based on the amount of water we use per month, we've estimated that it'll be around £70 pcm, maybe lower maybe higher

but if anyone here lives with multiple people, how much do you pay for your water bill? or even if you live alone, let me know how much you pay a month for your bill and i'll try to work it out from there, i don't really wanna be paying more than a little over £400 a month for rent and bills but beggars can't really be choosers lol
Original post by nebulaee
hello,

i'm moving into a new house this thursday and was wondering how much people usually pay for their water bill per month?

my rent is £300 pcm, and my gas and electric bill is fixed to £165 pcm and wifi is £27 (i split both rent and bills between 3 of my friends, so any figure gets divided by 4 and everyone pays their share each month) but i'm wondering how much would my water bill be roughly? obviously, it'll probably be different monthly as ours isn't fixed and is just based on the amount of water we use per month, we've estimated that it'll be around £70 pcm, maybe lower maybe higher

but if anyone here lives with multiple people, how much do you pay for your water bill? or even if you live alone, let me know how much you pay a month for your bill and i'll try to work it out from there, i don't really wanna be paying more than a little over £400 a month for rent and bills but beggars can't really be choosers lol

hey there :hi:
Great question!

So I shared with about 4 people and I think my water bill was about £70 a month. We were on a meter though so we'd pay the £70 a month and then what we actually used would be taken out of that. If you don't use so much, you can get the money back at the end when you close the account so it's all chill.

Currently I'm in a house of 2 and we pay a fixed rate (no meter) of £35 a month to give you another perspective.

Best wishes,
Cheese
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
hey there :hi:
Great question!

So I shared with about 4 people and I think my water bill was about £70 a month. We were on a meter though so we'd pay the £70 a month and then what we actually used would be taken out of that. If you don't use so much, you can get the money back at the end when you close the account so it's all chill.

Currently I'm in a house of 2 and we pay a fixed rate (no meter) of £35 a month to give you another perspective.

Best wishes,
Cheese

thank you for your response! it really helps!

i assume mine will also be around that amount per month, then
thank you again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending