The Student Room Group

Moving into a student house next year

Hi everyone, is there anyone out there who is moving into a student house next year with no bills included?

I would love to get peoples take on whether it is worth looking at bills included or sorting them for myself.

E.g how easy is it to sort out wifi, electricity, water bills and does it work out cheaper?
Hi there!

When I moved into a student house a few years ago it was cheaper to have the bills included in the rent. It was way easier too. It was a bit of a hassle sorting out everybody's share of the bills every month when we moved to a house that didn't have the bills included. This could be different now with bills rising and you may find it cheaper with the bills not included. You can ask the estate agents what the bills are typically like and sometimes they have that information.

Hope this helps
-Sam
Original post by tbriscoe
Hi everyone, is there anyone out there who is moving into a student house next year with no bills included?

I would love to get peoples take on whether it is worth looking at bills included or sorting them for myself.

E.g how easy is it to sort out wifi, electricity, water bills and does it work out cheaper?

If you want to be able to budget with certainty, then go with bills included.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending