The Student Room Group

Official: Queen's University Belfast A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Annabananna123
Has anyone got the QR code for the offer holder day?

Nope…
Reply 441
It went to my spam so it might be worth checking there :smile:
Have QUB finished with decisions?
Reply 443
Original post by taroparo

Not yet, they have their final decisions coming out in April for the people that haven't heard anything yet and for the ones that went for the March interview
Original post by taroparo

don’t think so they said april
Original post by grainnek
I did, I got my Leicester offer three days after Queens (19th and 22nd February) and am still waiting to hear back from Liverpool and Nottingham after interview. Do you know which one you would like to firm out of your choices?
still waiting on liverpool
Original post by noodles28
still waiting on liverpool

I think they came out about an hour ago
anyone know when to expect an offer or rejection??
Original post by noodles28
anyone know when to expect an offer or rejection??

10th April
Original post by Katherine1134
How do you know it’s the 10th?

R u international or home
Hey guys where is the preference form thing?? They're telling us we have to fill it in but it's not in the email
Reply 451
Has anyone asked any additional questions on the extra 25 spots for medicine and received any replies? - if so could u say what the university said. fro example would we have same preference as students studying in ireland for the intership posts?
Original post by a23kla
Has anyone asked any additional questions on the extra 25 spots for medicine and received any replies? - if so could u say what the university said. fro example would we have same preference as students studying in ireland for the intership posts?

Hi the way I read this there are 25 additional places but you need meet the criteria- simply you have NI status. If you applied for the original 236 places and met the criteria you could request to take the specific NI spaces (I think there is an attraction on some fees being paid by the government.) If you don't have NI status you remain on the list for the original 236 seats. I believe there is an advantage to both NI and non NI students. Should 25 NI student who are offered a place from the original 236 want to take advantage of the additional 25 seats they can state their preference, what this means is they take a seat from the new 25 seats leaving 25 seats in the original 236 available for non NI students. I should think this is good news for everyone!
Reply 453
Original post by rizwana.qureshi
Hi the way I read this there are 25 additional places but you need meet the criteria- simply you have NI status. If you applied for the original 236 places and met the criteria you could request to take the specific NI spaces (I think there is an attraction on some fees being paid by the government.) If you don't have NI status you remain on the list for the original 236 seats. I believe there is an advantage to both NI and non NI students. Should 25 NI student who are offered a place from the original 236 want to take advantage of the additional 25 seats they can state their preference, what this means is they take a seat from the new 25 seats leaving 25 seats in the original 236 available for non NI students. I should think this is good news for everyone!

Also that it applies if medicine is your first degree as well, not for postgraduates who meet the NI status
Original post by rizwana.qureshi
Is this relevant to international students?
Original post by sudhirk

No I believe it separate according to the notes published
Original post by a23kla

Currently first preference is given to EU citizens who studied medicine through the CAO, then EU citizens who studied abroad, which is where Irish QUB graduates would fall. They have not yet indicated that these 25 places will be any different, however I'll be emailing QUB and the Irish Department of Health to find out. I personally believe we should be given first preferences for intern posts same as people who studied in the Republic, but we'll see. As for other qs, I found out we will find out if we are getting one of the 25 places or not around April 12th.
Original post by sudhirk

No it is only relevant to offer holders living in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland
Original post by grainnek
Currently first preference is given to EU citizens who studied medicine through the CAO, then EU citizens who studied abroad, which is where Irish QUB graduates would fall. They have not yet indicated that these 25 places will be any different, however I'll be emailing QUB and the Irish Department of Health to find out. I personally believe we should be given first preferences for intern posts same as people who studied in the Republic, but we'll see. As for other qs, I found out we will find out if we are getting one of the 25 places or not around April 12th.

As an international student if I study there will I not be preferred equally ?
It depends. What country do you have citizenship of? Intern places go first to people who will not require a work visa to work in the republic of Ireland ie EU and UK citizens, and remaining places go to people who will require a visa. Just to clarify, this is for first year jobs in the republic of Ireland and not Northern Ireland, where your international status won't count against you. Are you planning on working in the republic of Ireland?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending