The Student Room Group

Official: Queen's University Belfast A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

My stepson received an interview invite for December 13th yesterday (he has 41/41 points). Good luck all! 🙂
Reply 81
Original post by Uptown Girafe
My stepson received an interview invite for December 13th yesterday (he has 41/41 points). Good luck all! 🙂

its out of 42
Reply 82
Sorry for all the questions but will there be more interview offers made? Is it staggered? And if so, based on others years, is that in the next few days or later on? Also (sorry!!) when it says last year the lowest points accepted were 38, does that mean everyone with 38 or the lowest person had 38 if that makes sense? Thank you !!
Reply 83
hey guys, I have a question that I cant seem to find an answer for so anyone who knows or @GANFYD (haha) please answer.
Is Queens University Belfast's selection process independent within each Fee Status group? For example, are Home/Gb students ranked independently to NI applicants for interviews/offers? or are alll candidates (except international) ranked together?

PLEASE AND THANKS
Reply 84
Original post by susulo
hey guys, I have a question that I cant seem to find an answer for so anyone who knows or @GANFYD (haha) please answer.
Is Queens University Belfast's selection process independent within each Fee Status group? For example, are Home/Gb students ranked independently to NI applicants for interviews/offers? or are alll candidates (except international) ranked together?

PLEASE AND THANKS

I am certain that NI and GB students (all home fee status students) are considered and ranked together
Reply 85
Original post by Izyyter1
Sorry for all the questions but will there be more interview offers made? Is it staggered? And if so, based on others years, is that in the next few days or later on? Also (sorry!!) when it says last year the lowest points accepted were 38, does that mean everyone with 38 or the lowest person had 38 if that makes sense? Thank you !!

Yes more interview offers should come out but we won't know when. I'm not completely sure about the points though
Reply 86
Original post by susulo

PLEASE AND THANKS

I do not believe they cohort different fee statuses (other than internationals)
Reply 87
Hello, do you think that a score of 36 would be enough for an interview invite?
Thanks a lot!
Reply 88
Any internationals who received an invite? Kindly reply if/when you do :smile:
Reply 89
does anyone know if there is any sort of travel grant for GB students to get to the interview? I know there was for the open day
Reply 90
Original post by (medhead)
Yes more interview offers should come out but we won't know when. I'm not completely sure about the points though

Thank you! 🤞🤞
Original post by Izyyter1
Thank you! 🤞🤞

score of 40 and not recieved an email? Anyone else?
Score of 42 and Received interview invite on Wed!
Reply 93
Original post by ella_w1
does anyone know if there is any sort of travel grant for GB students to get to the interview? I know there was for the open day

same I contacted them but it seems like nothing
Reply 94
Just wondering if any international applicants received interview offers??😀
Reply 95
Original post by adams25

I haven’t
Reply 96
Original post by adams25

not yet...maybe we'll get it by the first or second week of December
Reply 97
Original post by rb00625
not yet...maybe we'll get it by the first or second week of December

🤞🤞
Reply 98
Original post by rb00625
Hello, do you think that a score of 36 would be enough for an interview invite?
Thanks a lot!

Before Covid they took down to 32 points because they interview a lot. This increased to 37 and then 38 (few at 37) last year. As things return to normal, common sense would say that this figure should fall. GCSEs from your cohort took place but the grades were still a bit inflated so who knows. I don't think they will drop back to 32 but I'd like to think you might be ok with 36.
Reply 99
Original post by YAYYYYYY
Before Covid they took down to 32 points because they interview a lot. This increased to 37 and then 38 (few at 37) last year. As things return to normal, common sense would say that this figure should fall. GCSEs from your cohort took place but the grades were still a bit inflated so who knows. I don't think they will drop back to 32 but I'd like to think you might be ok with 36.

thank you so much!! hope so!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending