The Student Room Group

Official: University of Dundee A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nmirza6
Did anyone else get a rejection today?

You got a rejection?, are you a home or international student?
Reply 21
Original post by Heraa_ismail
You got a rejection?, are you a home or international student?

Yeah I got a rejection today.

I am a RUK student.
ucat score 2480 b2
pharmacology degree 1st class honours
they accepted my contextual evidence on Monday so maybe it was my ucat score
Reply 22
Original post by Nmirza6
Yeah I got a rejection today.

I am a RUK student.
ucat score 2480 b2
pharmacology degree 1st class honours
they accepted my contextual evidence on Monday so maybe it was my ucat score

They haven't got your UCAT score yet. What reason do they give for the rejection?
Reply 23
Original post by GANFYD
They haven't got your UCAT score yet. What reason do they give for the rejection?

They haven’t given a reason yet as I only got an update around 5pm on UCAS. Will ring them tomorrow to find out.
Original post by Nmirza6
They haven’t given a reason yet as I only got an update around 5pm on UCAS. Will ring them tomorrow to find out.

I think they might have gotten UCAT scores, they said beginning of November or late October so you never know. Very sorry to hear though :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by Heraa_ismail
I think they might have gotten UCAT scores, they said beginning of November or late October so you never know. Very sorry to hear though :frown:

Pearson Vue have always emailed applicants when results have been sent, in previous years - have they done this?
Reply 26
Original post by GANFYD
Pearson Vue have always emailed applicants when results have been sent, in previous years - have they done this?

I’ve checked last year Pearson Vue wrote on their Instagram on the 6th November that they sent results ‘last week’ - meaning universities received them around 2nd or 3rd November. So they probably got the results
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Nmirza6
I’ve checked last year Pearson Vue wrote on their Instagram on the 6th November that they sent results ‘last week’ - meaning universities received them around 2nd or 3rd November. So they probably got the results

It was posted 7th Nov last year.
As I say, they have always emailed applicants to tell them when have been sent in previous years. If everywhere had results, and had processed them, there would be more than 1 rejection issued. At this stage, it is usually about having missed minimum requirements, or it is an error, so important to check
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 28
Original post by GANFYD
It was posted 7th Nov last year.
As I say, they have always emailed applicants to tell them when have been sent in previous years. If everywhere had results, and had processed them, there would be more than 1 rejection issued. At this stage, it is usually about having missed minimum requirements, or it is an error, so important to check

Yeah you are right! Will ring them tomorrow to find out
Reply 29
Hey,
Have you gotten a response?
Original post by Nmirza6
Yeah you are right! Will ring them tomorrow to find out
Reply 30
I rang them and they said they can’t tell me the reason over the phone and asked me to email but no reply at the moment
IMG_0923.jpegThese are the 2022/23 stats for Grads in Dundee.

Graduate entry, in my opinion, is a particularly challenging route to choose and I can see no particular reason why it should be. Graduates are normally maturer with a good study ethic and are inclined to be more committed and driven, but they really are a minority group within a cohort.

On the negative side, you and your parents have to have deep pockets to afford it after four years doing one degree and signing up for a other 5 years.

Anyway, these are the combined figures, they don’t break down to the RUK, which will be lower.

My son did the graduate route.
(edited 5 months ago)
Just received an interview today :smile:
Well done.

My son, who’s presently studying there, got a notification the other day that they were wanting students to help out at Ninewells on the days of the MMI’s, a sort of a meet and greet plus they were paying them. There were quite a few dates given, so he put himself forward.
Reply 34
Original post by Itsuaboiiij

Hey just wondering are you a home student? And what was your UCAT?
Original post by Parentofstudent
Well done.

My son, who’s presently studying there, got a notification the other day that they were wanting students to help out at Ninewells on the days of the MMI’s, a sort of a meet and greet plus they were paying them. There were quite a few dates given, so he put himself forward.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by mooni10
Hey just wondering are you a home student? And what was your UCAT?

Yes I am Scottish student and my ucat was 2770 B1

Congratulations! Do you have plenty of times before the interview day?
Original post by gingerbreadman23
Congratulations! Do you have plenty of times before the interview day?

Kind of, I was expecting maybe mid December but the interview is in 2 weeks and that was the latest I could get it so there’s not really much notice
Reply 39

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 and good luck with your interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending