The Student Room Group

Official: University of Dundee A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Any news from the admissions office?
Still waiting here! So frustrating! Daughter has heard back from everywhere else now, just Dundee to go!
anyone heard anything?
Reply 163
Original post by tanisha123!
anyone heard anything?

Nope
Original post by ims_m
Nope
International, interviewed on 1/19 and still waiting.
Interview was on 19/01 and still waiting…
From what I saw from last year seems like they reject people last and offers come first. So I wonder if it’s a bad sign that I haven’t heard anything…
Doesn’t seem like a lot of offers have been given based on this chat…
Reply 166
Original post by Pandaboy2000
Interview was on 19/01 and still waiting…
From what I saw from last year seems like they reject people last and offers come first. So I wonder if it’s a bad sign that I haven’t heard anything…
Doesn’t seem like a lot of offers have been given based on this chat…

I wonder whats taking them so long this year..
has anyone heard anything at all from the unis?
Reply 168
i applied to A104 and still nothing
Has anyone been in contact with admissions recently? I emailed about 3weeks ago and they told me at the time to just wait till UCAS deadline and that some initial offers were sent. I wonder what’s with the big delay…
(edited 1 week ago)
Reply 170
Okay, so heres what I've learn

Some Intl students who did interviews in Mid/Early January like 13,14,15,16 have got some offers, so a first batch of offers has been sent...

But for Intl students whose Interview Date was delayed(mine was 30th Jan), they've heard nothing back. It seems likely that end of April or May we well hear back but I have no clue really.

Side Note: How did Intl students feel about the interview? To who I talked to it was hard and I also found it hard. But have patience guys( I dont :/)
Original post by vsss
Okay, so heres what I've learn
Some Intl students who did interviews in Mid/Early January like 13,14,15,16 have got some offers, so a first batch of offers has been sent...
But for Intl students whose Interview Date was delayed(mine was 30th Jan), they've heard nothing back. It seems likely that end of April or May we well hear back but I have no clue really.
Side Note: How did Intl students feel about the interview? To who I talked to it was hard and I also found it hard. But have patience guys( I dont :/)

Does that mean all home offers are sent?
Original post by Pandaboy2000
Does that mean all home offers are sent?

My daughter (Scottish) still hasn’t heard. Interview was in December! Phoned admissions today, couldn’t give her a proper response so who knows when she’ll hear!
Original post by IngsMrsH
My daughter (Scottish) still hasn’t heard. Interview was in December! Phoned admissions today, couldn’t give her a proper response so who knows when she’ll hear!

Feel at this point, I’m gonna act as though it’s a rejection…
Because surely there won’t be a waiting list at this point as it’s quite late.
My daughter was interviewed 9th December
She felt her interview went well. She has 5th year grades

Scottish higher
English A
Maths A
Chemistry A
French A
Crash higher biology A

Predicted grades are B at advanced higher Maths, Chemistry biology and crash higher physics

She did however have a low UCAT score of 2200

The waiting is awful, she just wants to know
Original post by Flowers6
My daughter was interviewed 9th December
She felt her interview went well. She has 5th year grades
Scottish higher
English A
Maths A
Chemistry A
French A
Crash higher biology A
Predicted grades are B at advanced higher Maths, Chemistry biology and crash higher physics
She did however have a low UCAT score of 2200
The waiting is awful, she just wants to know

Yes my daughter’s grades are the same, 5 A’s and predicted 3 Bs for AHs. UCAT was 2600. So surprised they are having to wait this long.
My daughter just wants to know too! She’s going to accept her Glasgow offer. Would just be good to know one way or the other!
Reply 176
The information I have is only for Intl students, I know many scottish students who have already got offers in early Jan and February because scottish students get them first, then home then intl. So if you are a scottish student and havent heard back its unlikely, if you are a Home/Intl student there is still a possibility.
Reply 177
Ok so new information if you look at Dundees Website and their admission statistics, they have already published data for this years cycle, which means they have already sent all offers they are gonna send, and some people have already accepted them, so if you dont have one, its more likely you are gonna be rejected I'm afraid. Its actually crazy how 55/81 Intl students who interviewed got an offer thats the highest its ever been, so its crazy. But if they have already published stats that means that all offers have been sent
Original post by vsss
Ok so new information if you look at Dundees Website and their admission statistics, they have already published data for this years cycle, which means they have already sent all offers they are gonna send, and some people have already accepted them, so if you dont have one, its more likely you are gonna be rejected I'm afraid. Its actually crazy how 55/81 Intl students who interviewed got an offer thats the highest its ever been, so its crazy. But if they have already published stats that means that all offers have been sent

You quoted the 23/24 statistics (last year's intake).
Original post by vsss

That is not true. The webpage has been updated on 8th April, but the data is from the last year cycle 2023/2024. It is impossible to publish admission data for the 2024/2025 cycle if they do not even know how many students will firm their choice and how many will reject their offers.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending