The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

hi! i've got an offer for english at york, anyone else on the same course?
University of York
York
Hi, law applicants & offer holders,
I made a form for us to enter all law decisions across universities this year (2023-2024)

Here's the link:https://forms.gle/BFRACrPsm4zE9KJh9
Link to responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cAJyHUxO8UxjUn3e7uDVq2DMN1ZV8Rih5kNAmCtlZdo/edit?usp=sharing

Please do make the time to fill out the form to help those who are still waiting and those who will be applying next year.
Good luck with your upcoming exams!
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had attended a biology department offer holder day at York? I have a place booked but after I attended a bath offer holder day, I am reconsidering (I didn't get any information not available online or at the open days). Did you get any useful information from the offer holder day and was the practical was interesting? Thanks in advance
Original post by ScienceDuck
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had attended a biology department offer holder day at York? I have a place booked but after I attended a bath offer holder day, I am reconsidering (I didn't get any information not available online or at the open days). Did you get any useful information from the offer holder day and was the practical was interesting? Thanks in advance

i went to an offer holder day for biochemistry (part of the biology department) and i thought it was really good, and i made York my firm choice afterwards. The practical was interesting and we actually got to record data as well and wear gloves/put on a lab coat and googles which was pretty cool, and because there weren't that many people there, maybe around 20 for the specific course, they were really able to assist us. we also got a good tour of the facilities from the students who also told us about their experiences. idk how different it would be for other biology courses because they all probably do it slightly differently but with a similar structure. maybe it was because i hadn't been to an open day for york before, but i found it very insightful. but yeah, i think it's up to you whether you think going might be beneficial for you.
Hi I just have a quick question. I’ve got an offer to study Chemistry next year (MChem) and was wondering if there is any reason that the MChem and Bsc have the same entry requirements. They both say A*AA-AAB standard. Most other universities have a higher grade requirement for the MChem…
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I just have a quick question. I’ve got an offer to study Chemistry next year (MChem) and was wondering if there is any reason that the MChem and Bsc have the same entry requirements. They both say A*AA-AAB standard. Most other universities have a higher grade requirement for the MChem…

Hello, I've just checked with the chemistry team and they say; 'The courses are identical for the first two years. We require students to pass a mark threshold at the end of year 2 to be able to continue with the MChem. ' They do this because they don't want to limit anyone's potential.

I hope that helps,

Elizabeth
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by Vix270781
I have an offer for adult nursing, anyone else doing it?

Me! I also have an offer for adult nursing and have just firmed york 😊
Reply 227
I have firmed York for sociology! Anyone else doing this course? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending