The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Received an offer on thursday! 3 days after my UCAS was submitted!
University of York
York
Applied for law so prepared to not hear anything until January 😭
Original post by cocom
Received an offer on thursday! 3 days after my UCAS was submitted!

ooooo for what subject? well done :biggrin:!
Reply 43
Original post by emm4nuella
ooooo for what subject? well done :biggrin:!

thank you so much! I was super shocked to get an offer so quick, especially because i’m doing psychology!
Original post by cocom
thank you so much! I was super shocked to get an offer so quick, especially because i’m doing psychology!

yayyyyy :smile: what other unis did you apply to?
Original post by Anonymous
Im applying for law with 3 A*s predicted in geography, economics and politics. Anyone else applying law?

I've applied for law too! I have 4A* predictions in English Lit, History, Latin and Maths and 11 x 9s at GCSE. I wonder whether anyone has heard back about law? I absolutely love the PBL structure :smile:
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

hi, just wondering if anyone knows about how the maths/comp sci int masters is taught? as in is it taught across both campuses because the subjects are spread across them? and how easy is it to get between the campuses? thanks :biggrin:
has anyone actually applied to york yet? :smile:
has anyone actually applied to york yet? :smile:

yep!! got an offer too :smile: i've literally seen you all over my tsr, will probs see you at some point next year in uni haha
Original post by asqwdfrgthjk

yep!! got an offer too :smile: i've literally seen you all over my tsr, will probs see you at some point next year in uni haha

love the manifesting! thank u x

for what subject?
Original post by sophiecotter_
hi, just wondering if anyone knows about how the maths/comp sci int masters is taught? as in is it taught across both campuses because the subjects are spread across them? and how easy is it to get between the campuses? thanks :biggrin:

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

The Department of Computer Science is based on Campus East and the Department of Mathematics is based on Campus West. As a result, you'll be taught at locations across campus for the MMath Maths and Computer Science course. But don't worry, it's super easy to get around campus and between the two sites.

There are buses running between the two campuses, which are free and run several times an hour. Alternatively, you could cycle (5-10 minutes) or walk (15-20 minutes) between Campus West and East (and it's very lovely).

I hope that helps,
Helen :smile:
Reply 52
received an offer today!! very happy :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by may_g

congrats! what course did u apply for?
Original post by may_g

aaah well done :biggrin:!
Reply 55
Currently studying Maths, Economics and English Literature at A-Level. Think I'll either apply for sociology or public and social policy since they both sound really interesting :smile:
Original post by lia005
Currently studying Maths, Economics and English Literature at A-Level. Think I'll either apply for sociology or public and social policy since they both sound really interesting :smile:

oooo awesome! love the combination of subjects :biggrin:! welcome :smile:!
for what subject?

theoretical physics :smile:
Reply 58
theoretical physics :smile:

congrats! can i ask how long it took for u to hear back? i’ve applied for physics with astrophysics (:
Original post by PotatoChild12
Hello,

I’m currently I am in year 13 and plans to apply to your Bcs Genetics course, I fulfil the entry grades and requirements but I only do A level Biology and A level Geography “a second science”. I am also palnning on doing AS chemistry next year. My question is when it comes to admissions do you care more about the subject or grades/personal statement as my parents are pushing me to retake A level Chemistry but I don’t particularly enjoy it and it’s my worst subject so dropped to AS.

It made sense to me to go that way but my parents say my application isn’t good enough since it doesn’t have Chemistry in. Wondering if you know anything about admissions??

Sorry for the length 😅
Thanks

I'm not sure I know the answer but there's a phone number here for undergraduate admissions. I'm sure they'll help. https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applying/
E.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending