The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

Has anyone here been asked to attend a pre-offer day? I'm unsure whether this means an interview will be held or is it just because I was unable to attend an open day before-hand.
University of York
York
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous #5

Has anyone here been asked to attend a pre-offer day? I'm unsure whether this means an interview will be held or is it just because I was unable to attend an open day before-hand.

Only the pre application visit day this Wednesday so far, but then again I’m taking my gap year at the moment so might be different
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,
Thanks for your question.

We held a Pre-application Visit Day this week, which was a bit like a mini Open Day where you had the opportunity to meet your department, explore some accommodation and attend talks and panels about the University. It wasn't related to interviews.

Our next central events will be Visit Days for offer holders which will happen between February and May. If you receive an offer from the University you'll be invited to book onto one of these events.

Or if you've applied for Chemistry you may be invited to their events which are running from November to March.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Thanks,
Bea
Reply 83
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

Can i apply for law if i do criminology level 3 diploma WJEC, psychology and biology
Original post by Study23y
Can i apply for law if i do criminology level 3 diploma WJEC, psychology and biology

Not according to their entry requirements, no.

However, they may have simply not listed your particular combination of qualifications, so it's worth checking with the admissions team.
Reply 85
Original post by Squashysalmon
Applied for law so prepared to not hear anything until January 😭

Has anyone heard anything about law offers?
Original post by isobel l
Has anyone heard anything about law offers?

Nope nothing
Reply 87
Original post by Annabel3190
hiya, i'm currently doing geography, biology and classics and I've just applied for physical geography and environment :smile:

I also applied for physical geography and environment with geography, sociology and psychology, and got a conditional offer for 3 Bs! Do you know if you have an offer yet?
Reply 88
heyy just to give ppl a time frame, i got an offer for english on 13/10/2023
I'm doing english lit (A*), History (A*), Politics (A), and I've already done my french AS which i got an A in :smile:)
Offer for physics on Monday
Hey everyone I applied for biology at York on Monday and got an offer on the same day(predictions AAB, offer AAB) just wondering if anyone wanted to chat :smile:
Original post by Jonesw2006
Hey everyone I applied for biology at York on Monday and got an offer on the same day(predictions AAB, offer AAB) just wondering if anyone wanted to chat :smile:

wow - that's amazing! hiya i want to apply for linguistics :smile:
Hi I’m applying to study marketing with a year in industry (N501). I’m predicted AAB and studying Alevel business, sociology and economics. I’m also applying to Lancaster, Leeds, UEA and Exeter. I was wondering if anyone has apply and received offers about the course.
Reply 93
Original post by stargirl28
Hi I’m applying to study marketing with a year in industry (N501). I’m predicted AAB and studying Alevel business, sociology and economics. I’m also applying to Lancaster, Leeds, UEA and Exeter. I was wondering if anyone has apply and received offers about the course.

Hi I’ve applied for the same course with grades ABC in Business, Geography and Maths (Also B in EPQ) and was given an offer - York is probably where I’m going to go 🙂
slayyyy, could we make a forum for those who are thinking of putting york as their firm/insurance choices?
Reply 95
slayyyy, could we make a forum for those who are thinking of putting york as their firm/insurance choices?

Can do idk how many there are yet
Original post by Bwoody321
Can do idk how many there are yet

doing one now
hello all, if you have received an offer from york, say hi on the thread here: Official University of York Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room
Original post by Bwoody321
Hi I’ve applied for the same course with grades ABC in Business, Geography and Maths (Also B in EPQ) and was given an offer - York is probably where I’m going to go 🙂

That’s good well done
Reply 99
Original post by stargirl28
That’s good well done

Thanks good luck with your exams 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending