The Student Room Group

A levels

hi, im starting college in sept 2023 and i was thinking of doing math bio and history, i want to do either PPE or Neuroscience and thase three seem to be the best to do either degree. What do you think, should i choose different alevels ( theres a possibility that i can do 4 alevels so i might take up politics or chemistry not sure tho)
Original post by internal-jasmine
hi, im starting college in sept 2023 and i was thinking of doing math bio and history, i want to do either PPE or Neuroscience and thase three seem to be the best to do either degree. What do you think, should i choose different alevels ( theres a possibility that i can do 4 alevels so i might take up politics or chemistry not sure tho)

I would look at the subjects you need to take those degrees on the universities' websites. Also, universities only require you to take 3 A-levels and if you do take 4 you will expected to do well in all 4 while having less time outside of lessons to do homework and revise. You are likely to need two sciences to do neuroscience which both biology and maths count as but I don't know what you would need for PPE.
Original post by internal-jasmine

You could try taking 4 and dropping the subject you enjoy the least if it gets too much, but I would caution you against taking 4 A levels generally (the only exception to that rule is when one of those 4 is FM).

You should remember that although universities list three A levels in their entry requirements, if you take 4, your uni offer could be conditional on all 4 subjects.
Original post by TypicalNerd
You could try taking 4 and dropping the subject you enjoy the least if it gets too much, but I would caution you against taking 4 A levels generally (the only exception to that rule is when one of those 4 is FM).

You should remember that although universities list three A levels in their entry requirements, if you take 4, your uni offer could be conditional on all 4 subjects.

yeah so with my grades i couldnt do alevels so im now stuck with btec applied science and i have no idea how i could possibly do PPE with that. I had to accept because its a respected/ prestigious high achieving sixth form and really good for medical soooooooooooooo

Quick Reply

Latest