The Student Room Group

stressed i won’t get same sex accom for liverpool

basically if i don’t get same sex accom for uni of liverpool my parents are gonna make me commute (they’re strict ik ☹️) but i rlly don’t wanna commute. is there any way i can contact the uni before i get my accom assigned to tell them ? i did select “same sex” on the thing we had to fill out but idk how likely i am to get it just off that
You're 18, if it's just your parents that are bothered then just tell them you got it regardless of what accommodation you're actually offered.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You're 18, if it's just your parents that are bothered then just tell them you got it regardless of what accommodation you're actually offered.

yeah that’s the plan rn to be honest thank you <3
what accomo did u end up gettingggg
Original post by aylaaamir09
basically if i don’t get same sex accom for uni of liverpool my parents are gonna make me commute (they’re strict ik ☹️) but i rlly don’t wanna commute. is there any way i can contact the uni before i get my accom assigned to tell them ? i did select “same sex” on the thing we had to fill out but idk how likely i am to get it just off that
Reply 4
I think your parents arent as strict as they are looking out for your safety, im going off to uni this september and although im a guy, i think they just have your best interests at heart, ofc idk anything about your home so i cant say anything for certain but, what Anon #1 said about you being 18 now and youre the one in control. The university isnt allowed to tell anyone but you anything personal, that even goes for something as surface-level as just being a student at the Uni, itll all work out in the end!
email your unis accommodation team and explain the circumstances, I'm sure they will be happy to help but you need to do this ASAP if possible :smile:

Hey @aylaaamir09

When choosing accommodation types etc, there is always an option for checking the box for single sex accommodation. If you missed it initially while applying, it is completely okay to email the university accom team and confirm with them if you can still arrange it for you.
The universities always try to allocate students based on their comfort and preferences.
I would not suggest lying to your parents, as they are likely to pay a visit to where you live at some point during your degree, and when they find out its going to harder to explain than reasoning out with them right now.

If you are not able to get single sex accommodation, try to reason out with your parents and try to make them understand that commuting daily could lead to a more tired schedule, not making to classes on time, missing out on social life etc. Im sure they will understand :smile:
All the very best !!
Vyomika (LU Student Ambassador)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
what accomo did u end up gettingggg

haven’t got accom yet but i did email the uni ab it so it doesn’t become a potential issue
Reply 8
Original post by CCCU Official
email your unis accommodation team and explain the circumstances, I'm sure they will be happy to help but you need to do this ASAP if possible :smile:

Thank you so much !! i’ve emailed the uni accom email and let them know so hopefully it’ll work out :smile:

Thank you i have emailed them :smile:

Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey @aylaaamir09

When choosing accommodation types etc, there is always an option for checking the box for single sex accommodation. If you missed it initially while applying, it is completely okay to email the university accom team and confirm with them if you can still arrange it for you.
The universities always try to allocate students based on their comfort and preferences.
I would not suggest lying to your parents, as they are likely to pay a visit to where you live at some point during your degree, and when they find out its going to harder to explain than reasoning out with them right now.

If you are not able to get single sex accommodation, try to reason out with your parents and try to make them understand that commuting daily could lead to a more tired schedule, not making to classes on time, missing out on social life etc. Im sure they will understand :smile:
All the very best !!
Vyomika (LU Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending