The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Uni of liverpool accom as a muslim

Heyy, i i’m thinking of going liverpool uni this September but im worried about the diversity there. Will there be other south asians/muslims? I’m also going to be staying in accommodation, and would prefer to be around other muslims or people who don’t drink. I dont mind it its only one person, I just don’t want to feel completely alone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zzhh11
Heyy, i i’m thinking of going liverpool uni this September but im worried about the diversity there. Will there be other south asians/muslims? I’m also going to be staying in accommodation, and would prefer to be around other muslims or people who don’t drink. I dont mind it its only one person, I just don’t want to feel completely alone!

hey! i insured liverpool but got my firm instead but their accom website had options for like lifestyle choices and i think put not drinkers etc. defo email or call the accom or admin staff and specify being with muslims or people that dont drink and see what they can do for you - usually theres a lotta people in a similar boat that they can put together
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hey! i insured liverpool but got my firm instead but their accom website had options for like lifestyle choices and i think put not drinkers etc. defo email or call the accom or admin staff and specify being with muslims or people that dont drink and see what they can do for you - usually theres a lotta people in a similar boat that they can put together

Omggg tysmm!! I will have a look :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zzhh11

hey! I'm also south asian (indian) and I was thinking the same thing. do you have insta/sc I can message you on?
Original post by zzhh11

You can speak to them about it. In my experience they're a bit more accommodating in keeping female students together as opposed to males so you could ask to be in an all female flat as a start. It doesn't always happen but I know of some people that they did this for.
Original post by zzhh11

hey i’m going uni of liverpool and will be studying law. i’m kinda stressed about diversity as a muslim too and tbh idk how i’m gonna spend freshers 😭 feel free to drop me a message and i’ll give u my insta so we can talk
<33
Original post by aylaaamir09
hey i’m going uni of liverpool and will be studying law. i’m kinda stressed about diversity as a muslim too and tbh idk how i’m gonna spend freshers 😭 feel free to drop me a message and i’ll give u my insta so we can talk
<33

Im doing law as well this year
Original post by User0123564
Im doing law as well this year

lemme send my insta so we can talk :smile:

Yeah do that 👍
(edited 8 months ago)
what accomo did u end up getting

Original post by User0123564
Yeah do that 👍
Hi there!

The University of Liverpool is hugely diverse, so you will find many Asians and Muslims at the University If you want to find some particular communities you might want to join some societies which are based around faith and/or cultural activities from all around the world. You can check these out here: https://www.liverpoolguild.org/opportunities/societies

I hope you enjoy your time in Liverpool

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 11
<33

Heyy for some reason it wont let me reply to ur private measage but yess we shouldd <33
Reply 12
Original post by ap2727
hey! I'm also south asian (indian) and I was thinking the same thing. do you have insta/sc I can message you on?

Yess whats ur insta? <3
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi everyone!

It is also worth looking out for any freshers events which different societies are running, you should be able to find them here: https://www.liverpoolguild.org/whatson/ . Also at the fresher fair you will be able to find many different societies where you will find likeminded people, and hopefully be able to sign up to some welcome events :smile:

Best of luck everyone!

<33

Hey, I’m studying dentistry and I’ve been stressing because idk what im going to do during freshers either as I’m a Muslim! i cant message u because i just made an account, do you think u could message me ur ig instead if not I’ll just comment it lol <33
Reply 15
Hey, I’m studying medicinal chemistry with pharmacology and none of my friends are coming to Liverpool so I’ll be all alone. I’m glad there are other muslim girls here. Where are you guys from?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by user8393858595
Hey, I’m studying dentistry and I’ve been stressing because idk what im going to do during freshers either as I’m a Muslim! i cant message u because i just made an account, do you think u could message me ur ig instead if not I’ll just comment it lol <33

sure i’ll send my ig rn xx
Original post by Mt04
Hey, I’m studying medicinal chemistry with pharmacology and none of my friends are coming to Liverpool so I’ll be all alone. I’m glad there are other muslim girls here. Where are you guys from?

Hi there!

Best of luck in moving to Liverpool :smile: I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of new friends who you'll get on with! If you have any questions about the University or city then feel free to ask!

Reply 18
Hey! I'm studying vet med and I'm super stressed about freshers week! I'm muslim from North Wales, can I have your insta's as well? Maybe we could meet up sometime this week?
Reply 19
Original post by rabz31
Hey! I'm studying vet med and I'm super stressed about freshers week! I'm muslim from North Wales, can I have your insta's as well? Maybe we could meet up sometime this week?

Omg yess ofc i will send it to u privately <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending